34.

Due to 'Extreme Weather' the next Hogesmead trip was canceled, something that greatly pissed off most of the sixth years. As today was supposed to be their class on Apparating. Something all of them had looked forward to doing for years. 

But lucky for them, their class was moved into the Great Hall. 

"Now today we have been granted special privilege from Professor Dumbledore to aparate in just this room," Wilkie Twycross was a very tall and slender man with white wispy hair. "So, if everyone could please spread out, your heads of houses will be giving you a hoop to practice with."

McGonagall, Flitwick, Snape, and Sprouts all walked around the room spreading the students out so that they could all fit in this space. Then with each student, they placed a silver hoop about a little ways away from them. 

"Now, let's all remember the three D's of a successful apparition. Destination, Determination and Deliberation," Wilkie listed off. 

"Not the D I was thinking of," Mya snickered.

"Shut it," Lea tried to hold back her laugh, nudging Mya in the arm.

"Now, everyone close your eyes and picture the hoop in front of you," Wilkie instructed them. "And always remember, Destination, Determination, and Deliberation. And everyone, turn!"

And so they all did. Everyone closed their eyes and turned around in a circle, no one even getting anywhere near their hoops. 

Mya and Lea both bumped into each other, giggling.

"That was a great try every one," Wilkie told them. "Now, let's reset. And try that again. Picture it, everyone, clearly in your minds."

Mya screwed her eyes shut as she pictured being in the hoop in front of her. Then, something very strange happened. She felt like something was hocking onto her stomach and pulling her up into a tight tube, before she landed on wobble feet.

She held her arms out to try and stabilize herself as she looked down, she was in the fucking hoop.

"Did I actually do it?" Mya looked around at everyone's stunned faces before she threw her head back with laughter. "God damn, it feels great to be the first. Especially as I only have a year and a half of this under my belt-"

"Miss Halliwell."

"You'll all get it eventually, I mean, just because I'm amazing-"

"Miss Halliwell," McGonagall spoke a bit louder this time.

"Yes, Professor?" Mya stopped her gloating for a second to look over at her.

"You're missing your eyebrows," McGonagall informed her.

Mya reached up feeling the now very smooth space where her eyebrows should have been. Turning around, she saw them floating in the air where she apparated from. "Well shit... hey, could have been worse."