Episode 26 - Boyfriend

Now, it has been nearly another week since Byeol last met Niki.

This entire time she was feeling so off and alone. She would rather go back in time when she did not get her surgery yet where she was able to spend time with everyone.

She missed him so much.

Surprisingly, Eunbi was not in school for the past week which was pretty rare for her to do so.

Jay and Jake were sometimes present yet absent for absolutely no reason.

Why was everyone acting so weird as if they were leaving or ignoring her?

"Another boring day of life."
She muttered as she placed her bag on the table after she got a lashing from her English teacher since she was late for class.

"Good morning!"
Jay greeted her while Byeol took a seat next to him.

"Any news from Niki?"
She ignored his greeting but, asked him for Niki again, expecting a shake from his head.

"Yeah."
Jay's reply made Byeol turn to him instantly, creaking aloud squeak from her chair that disrupted everyone.

"HWANG BYEOL!"
The teacher called out and Byeol hastily apologised before the teacher carried on with the class.

"I heard that he is coming back to school during our lunchtime."
Jay told her and she burst out in excitement.

"YES! OH MY GOD!"
She cheered as she stood up and attention was on her.

"Oh, shit..."
Byeol cursed internally when she saw her English teacher glaring at her.

= [ time skip ] =

"Gosh, my arms hurt."
She frowned as she adjusted herself again, raising her arms straighter.

She was currently receiving her punishment from the English teacher for her actions just now.

However, all of this did not matter because Niki was coming back later.

She could not wait to see him again. She could not wait to share with him the news that she was more than just fine already. She could not wait to go out with him. She could not wait to do everything else that she was not able to do last time, with him.

"Niki! You can't believe this! I've finally recovered fully!"
She practised reciting her words to him for later.

At this point, there was no other news that could make her more emotional than this.

= [ time skip ] =

When it was break time, Byeol was finally released by her English teacher's punishment and she quickly dashed to the school's gate.

The one that Niki always enters the school in.

Surprisingly, there were a huge group of people there waiting as well.

Niki was still famous after all this time.

There were the usual squeals, excited whispering and happy expressions on everyone faces.