65

it never stops

it never stops

"ATHENA!"

The goddess' head shot up in surprise at the sound of her name being yelled down the hallway, and she looked around at the few students still lingering in the hallway who seemed to shy away from whatever confrontation they thought was going to happen.

When her gaze landed on the culprit, she was surprised to find that it was Jeremy Gilbert of all people, calling her out in the hallway. She raised a brow, allowing the tiniest bit of shock to show as he approached her at her locker. "Good morning, Jeremy. I've had a decent morning myself, actually, thanks for asking–"

"Cut the shit, Athena," Jeremy interrupts her sternly, and the sarcastic glint in her eyes is quickly one of vitriolic irritation. "You killed Mikael."

Narrowing her eyes, she nodded slowly. "Yeah, I did. And then I talked to your sister, who is still the biggest inconvenience I've ever had to deal with, and I have literally died."

Jeremy shifted his weight, adjusting his backpack on his shoulder. "What'd you do with his body?"

"Why would I ever tell you that? Do you people need someone to do your dirty work that badly? I mean, it's not even your dirty work, is it? It's your sister's, and yet you're still here, bothering me about this bullshit."

The boy gritted his teeth, frustration rising with every question she answered him with. "Because he needs to be put back in the tomb, otherwise he'll just wake up again,"

Athena huffed amusedly and slammed her locker shut, the loud sound making him flinch. "You think I don't know that? I'm friends with his daughter, Jeremy. I regularly have dinner with the hybrid that killed– tried to kill Elena. I know how to kill a vampire, I can promise you that."

She stepped towards him, her jaw stiffening as she pointed an accusing finger at him. "And next time Elena sends you to do her dirty work, you might want to ask yourself why she's so eager to put your head on the chopping block in place of hers. And, you know– maybe ask why she sends you to threaten someone who can't be killed."

She steps around him, heading towards her first-period class, but Jeremy reaches out and stops her, pulling her back by her arm. She wrenches his hand off of her and he backs off quickly, holding his hands up in surrender as she glares up at him. "What?"

He rolls his eyes and bites out a sigh, avoiding her stern gaze. "Have you seen them?"

"Seen who, idiot?"

"Them. The Originals," He huffs. "The ones we undaggered."

She shakes her head at him, scoffing. "Even if I have, I wouldn't tell you. But it's nice to know that you're so ignorantly naive to tell me that it was you who did it. Now I know who to kill if they fuck this up for me,"