6. Felix and Lily

After a servant went to get us, all of us ladies followed her to a clearing right inside of the Imperial domain where we had a clear sight of the noblemen (noblemen my ass these are a bunch of children) with their horses. The staff also laid out a picnic blanket under a big tree so we could watch without sweating in the sun.

Everybody could notice the crown prince on the white horse. I'll give him this, he looks great. There's no denying it but Anastacius on a white horse just has an effect for everyone. His little swamp of greedy fangirls immediately surrounded his steed, bidding him good luck, telling him they're sure he'll triumph, congratulating him on looking so good on his horse.

Meanwhile, leaving them like chicks chirping to their mothers, I went to Claude who was also on a white horse and looking just as great, people have got to start noticing this but Claude looks more adorable than Anastacius. Fact.

He looked down on me from his horse. I felt very weird, looking up just to see him, having to bend my whole neck. I was used to him being shorter than me.

I'm also very glad to discover that at least the empress let him learn how to ride a horse.

"Hey." I said "You look impressive on that horse."

"Yes I do." Claude agreed with just the right amount of modesty. "Are you not going to support brother?"

"Does he look like he needs me to support him?"

We both glanced at him and his mob of girls. They need 'I 🖤 Anastacius' T-Shirts.

"I'm telling you, Claude. Now I'm going to focus on you. After all we are engaged aren't we not?" I smiled at him "I'd like it a lot if you could win!"

"Okay." He nodded and wheeled his horse away. I could see his slight blush. At least he's driving away because he's awkward, not because he's (or will be) cold person.

"Good luck!" I whistled after him.

He looked back swiftly before joining the ranks of the other noblemen already ready at the start line. They looked a bit depressive since most noblewomen were all fawning over the crown prince. Anastacius is really hogging the spotlight.

Lilian however, stood under a tree in retreat.

"If you root for no one, it'll make them unhappy." I said as I joined her under the fresh shadow of the looming tree. "You might want to give someone your support lest you want them all to pile up on you later."

Lilian nodded: "But I don't know who to chose. I know no one well enough and I don't want to develop a relationship of any sort with any of them."

"There's sir Felix." I said very randomly "He's kind and he'd never judge anyone."

"Sir Felix?" Lilian looked down to her slippers.

"He doesn't attend much events either." I said "Think about it, lady York. Nothing bad could happen with him."

"Well...We do get along well. He's very respectful ."

"Wish him luck as a friend. Not as a future suitor." I winked.

She smiled awkwardly at me: "Thanks for the advice, lady Penelope." She detached herself from the tree trunk and went towards Felix. I understood her awkwardness, it'll take time for everyone to adjust to this new me.

I watched closely as she approached Felix who was sitting straightly on a tall and muscular brown mustang. She called to him in what I guessed was a very shy voice and said a few words accompanied by a sincere smile. Felix had scratched his head shyly to before replying with the same bright expression, thanking her. She nodded neutrally before walking back towards the tree.