Chapter 79

Lin Xin didn't return to the classroom. Instead, she took her medical card and returned to the teacher's office.

Wu Anan and Wu Pingping had already left. Lin Xinyu's homeroom teacher was also not present. Fortunately, her homeroom teacher had just returned, so she took her medical card and asked her homeroom teacher for another leave of absence.

Lin Xin was an excellent student, ranking first in the school's examination. Her teacher loved children of this type. When he learned that her stomach hurt, he immediately gave her the leave of absence. So, Lin Xin successfully made off with her leave of absence and headed straight for the school gates. She stopped a taxi and rode home.

At home, Aunt Hui was taking a nap. Lin Xin quietly sneaked into her room and took out a book from the bookcase.

She took out several hundred bills and put them in her pocket. After a moment's thought, she closed the door again and took out another coat.

When she passed by Aunt Hui and Uncle Cheng's room, she saw that she was sleeping soundly, and the blanket was only covering a little bit of her stomach. She tiptoed into the room and lifted the quilt a little to cover Aunt Hui's shoulders.

Before leaving, she left a note in the living room saying 'I have something important to attend to, so don't worry.'

Lin Xin found an Internet Cafe nearby, paid a deposit, and asked for a single room*. She holed up in the room and began to surf the internet.

E/N: *Some internet cafes offer internet access in closed cubicles or rooms where people can eat and sleep.

There was only one old computer in the house. It was bought by Cheng Qingrong ten years ago. She had never bought a computer in fear of delaying Lin Xinyu's studies. Right now, she could only hurry and gather data in the Internet Cafe.

Although she had money now, she felt that it wasn't enough. She still needed to earn a lot of money and leave it for Lin Xinyu.

What if the plot in the book was real? She wasn't even mentioned as a character in the original novel. That's why she was afraid that she could die for no reason, especially since she was using someone else's body. What's more, what if she blacks out and transmigrates again?

If transmigration could happen, anything was possible.

Even if she really disappeared from this world one day, she would ensure Lin Xinyu's life goes smoothly. At the very least, he shouldn't have to worry about money. She thought it was the only thing she could do for him. And she had to finish it as soon as possible - the sooner, the better. She also wanted to tell Lin Xinyu not to be stupid and block bullets for others as his life was hers.

He could only die if she let him. Others did not count.

Lin Xin noted down the number of job-seekers one after the other on various recruitment websites. Then, she registered an account to post some recruitment details and left her account number. By the time she was finished, it was already 7 or 8 in the evening.

At this time, Lin Xinyu had just finished class. Today, he resisted the urge to look for Lin Xin and even ate dinner alone. He had been brooding over her saying, "You can try to like her."

What did she take him for? Just thinking about it made his heart ache. The school hours had finally ended, so he just wanted to forgive her and wave the matter away. He decided to look around for her, but found out that she took a leave of absence.

She left without saying a word. Lin Xinyu felt abandoned again.

Neither one of them had a cell phone, so it was impossible to call and ask for her whereabouts.

It just so happened that today, Cheng Qingrong called the teachers to tell them that he would be unable to pick them up after performing a surgery and that they should take a taxi home instead. Yet, because Lin Xin had gone on leave, Lin Xinyu walked out of the school gate alone, increasingly lonely.

After walking a couple of steps, he saw Zhao Qiang walking over. He steadily continued towards the gate, ignoring Zhao Qiang's approach.

Zhao Qiang had made a mental note on the school logo on their uniform and was looking for them today. It was much easier finding a sense of intimacy with a childhood friend.

He scratched the back of his head and said, "Wow, you're out of school. I just happened to pass by. You're studying here. Where's Lin Xin?"

Lin Xinyu saw through his lies, but he was too lazy to expose it and just replied quickly, "Yes."

Zhao Qiang laughed and asked, "What year are you in now?"

"First year," Lin Xinyu replied.

Zhao Qiang asked again, "Is Lin Xin in the same year as you?"

"Yes."

Zhao Qiang didn't know why, but facing Lin Xinyu was not like facing Lin Xin. With her, he could say whatever he wanted to say.

Perhaps it was because Lin Xinyu had changed too much, becoming a stranger. Then again, Lin Xin hadn't changed at all. Or maybe because she used to bully him when they were kids and he felt like he could say whatever he wanted to say to her.

Perhaps he had been the one who changed, he thought.

He could not help but remember how immature he was when they were young. As he followed behind Lin Xinyu, he said, "Don't take what happened during our childhood seriously. I was still young back then."

Lin Xinyu stopped and turned his head, "What happened when we were young? I forgot all about my childhood, I can't remember."

Zhao Qiang said, "When I was young, when I was young ..." He wanted to say he used to hit him when they were young. But then, he recalled that time at the dean's office and bit back whatever he wanted to say. He felt pathetic when he looked at Lin Xinyu.

Catching on, he quickly steered the conversation away.

"Hey, it's still early. Do you want to have some supper together?" He really couldn't find any comforting words to say to Lin Xinyu so he went for the usual 'eating' and 'drinking'.

He learnt from his time in society that in awkward situations like this, it was easier for people to open up while eating and drinking. This way, people didn't need to think of deep words of consolation to be closer.

Lin Xinyu really didn't want to accept Zhao Qiang's offer, especially since Lin Xin repeatedly reminded him not to have any contact with him. Plus, he really wasn't much of a 'friend' to him.

However, he paused, and a little rebellious thought came to his mind.

Zhao Qiang asked if he would like to have supper together. Lin Xin didn't want him to interact with Zhao Qiang. So, if he insisted on interacting with him, will she come back to him? Or will she leave just like that? He wanted to see how she would react.

"Okay, where should we go?"