Chapter 87

As Lin Xin walked Yu Fei to the door, she asked, "How did you find me here? With my appearance, how are you not afraid that I'll scam you?"

Yu Fei no longer acted shy after these few hours of conversation.

Smiling, he said, "I happened to be looking for a part-time job, so I came over to check out your posting."

Lin Xin asked, "Is it that simple?"

"When you were recruiting, you said you wanted to change the world. I believe this saying to be very true for me, too. Then, figuring that maybe you really did have the ability to change the world, I came over," Yu Fei replied.

Lin Xin stared blankly for a moment. After sending Yu Fei away, she quickly deleted the words, 'change the world' from her recruitment message.

No wonder others treated her as a joke. Even she thought of herself as a joke.

For some time, Lin Xin busied herself with work. By 8 o'clock in the evening, she reckoned that Lin Xinyu finished classes for the day.

Afraid that he would be so stupid as to wait for her at the district's entrance, she dialed his number twice.

Each time, she only heard the dial tone from the other end, so she hung up.

Did something happen to him?, Lin Xin wondered.

Lin Xinyu called her back. As soon as Lin Xin picked up the call, she asked, "Xiaoyu, is something happening on your side?"

Lin Xinyu paused before replying, "Nothing. Tonight, I won't be able to wait for you to return home." With that, the call disconnected.

Something about this felt wrong for Lin Xin.

Based on Lin Xinyu's character, how could he suddenly bear to not wait for her return? Furthermore, he implied that he was outside. What was he, a student, doing outside at this hour?

Lin Xin hurriedly called him again, but only a *beep beep* sound emitted from the other side.

Anxiously, she closed the door and hurried to the police station.

Something indeed happened to Lin Xinyu.

After finishing his evening self-study, he had just exited the school when a van drove up and the passengers pulled him in.

Before he managed to see who did this, someone stuffed a pair of stinky socks into his mouth, covered his head with a black bag, and shakily dragged him into an old, abandoned warehouse.

Someone spoke as he tore the black bag off his head.

"Brother Ming, it's him."

Hearing that, Lin Xinyu's eyes immediately brightened up.

He saw the elder brother, who previously caused trouble for Zhao Qiang, pulling his arm as he spoke to the "Brother Ming" beside him.

Behind them sat a bound person. Looking closer, Lin Xinyu observed that the bound person was Zhao Qiang and Zhao Qiang alone.

His hands and feet were tied up, and his mouth was also stuffed with a pair of stinky socks. However, his face was beaten black and blue.

Zhao Qiang rolled on the ground and caught sight of Lin Xinyu.

Brother Ming was a man in his early thirties. He had a squarish face and a sturdy build, even though he wasn't tall.

Holding a cigar between his fore and middle finger, he drew a deep drag and blew two circles onto Lin Xinyu's face.