Chapter 108

"Well, you don't have to be so excited to see the man of your dreams. If you fall, Mom and Dad will kill me. How is it? Surprised? Surprised?" While Lin Shuhao quickly flooded her with questions, his expression seemed to be saying 'Quick, praise me!'.

"You do not know how difficult he was to invite, but I put a lot of effort and used all of my network to get him here. It cost me tens of thousands of dollars to invite him to dinner. I used my own money. You have to repay me for this."

"What a surprise!" Lin Xin snapped at his face and said, "Did I say I like him?"

Lin Shuhao, stupefied, said, "Sister, lying isn't good. This is too vulgar, Mother would scold you if she saw you acting like this."

Lin Xin could not spit out a word, her mother had indeed taught her so from childhood to adulthood.

"Besides, if you don't like him, pretend he doesn't exist. Anyway, there are so many people, one more or one less, what does it matter? You see, you're so excited yet you don't like him. What is it? I think you do like him. Are you this upset because you're afraid he'll reject you? Don't be afraid, there are others in the world. People like him are common. Look over there, I hear it's the eldest son of Dingyuan Group."

Lin Xin blurted out, "I, Lin Xin, am not afraid of others' rejections!"

Lin Shuhao, stunned, said, "My sister is very domineering. A person worthy of my sister has to be brave enough to stand on the same ground as her."

Lin Xin was only a mouthful short of spitting on Lin Shuhao. She should forget that he was her brother for the sake of not arguing with him.

Lin Xin paused and said, "I really don't like him. Don't bother in the future."

When Lin Shuhao saw that she didn't seem to be joking, he thought to himself, 'I've lost a lot of money this time. I can't earn back the money I spent on dinner. But I also feel that I was wrong about my sister, I feel sorry for it.'

Patting her arm, he said, "Oh, later on, I'll introduce you to others. Brother must help you have a good look at them this time."

Lin Xin's heart warmed up and she felt that she needn't worry. As Lin Shuhao said... let's just pretend she didn't see him. Anyway, he probably doesn't remember her now. It's been ten years since then, he might've already forgotten her.

Lin Shuhao took Lin Xin downstairs and greeted the guests one by one as he introduced them.

"This is the eldest son of Dingyuan."

"This is the second son of Tiannuo."

Lin Xin responded respectfully to them one by one. But as she was a little tired, she could not stand properly and leaned a little.

"Oh," she accidentally bumped into the service staff, a woman carrying beverages on the tray, and all the red wine sprinkled on Lin Xin's white dress.

The woman fell to the ground as the crystal glasses in the tray shattered all over the floor and pricked her palm.

Lin Xin bent down and asked, "Are you all right?"

Suddenly, someone rushed ahead of her to hold the person on the ground. He looked brightly at the woman in his arms, like she was a treasure, his hand hovered over her face, trembling as he reached the bridge of her nose. As if he was afraid she'd suddenly disappear.

When he finally touched her, she was real, he dared to hold her cheek. Then he slowly traced the figure of her lips a little bit, and his fingers rested at the center of her lips.

"Are you all right, sir?" Asked the woman in his arms.

It was only when he felt as if he'd been rude that he trembled and asked, "What's your name?"

"Han Keman."

He let go of his hand in disappointment, and finally, most of the face of the woman on the ground was revealed.

A melon seed shaped face, small nose, small mouth, and beautiful features.

Lin Xin was thunderstruck. Who would tell her, the woman Lin Xinyu held in his arms, this woman named 'Han Keman', why did she look exactly like the 'her' before?

Wrong! It's her in a bigger size.

That's not right! Wasn't Han Keman the name of the heroine in the original text?

Cr*p, what a big pot of dog blood! (T/N: dog blood = drama)

Transmigration's great god, I want to quit!