Chapter 129

Lin Xin hurried back to her room with her shoes in hand. She didn't dare to go out after. Staying in her room was the best recourse, so she spent time fiddling with her phone until her parents called her to eat.

Father and Mother Lin were the protagonists of this short trip. While in the restaurant, they spared no effort to display their love for each other. And the two 'side characters', Lin Xin and Lin Shuhao, who sat opposite them, were unceremoniously demoted to the role of big light bulbs. However, the two bulbs, who each had something in mind, didn't mind the cold shoulder meted out to them and ate on their own.

(T/N: A "light bulb" is a "third wheel".)

Mid-way through the meal, a group of people entered the restaurant. It was a large group of adult men who brought along female companions. There was even a small-time celebrity among the women. As they passed by the Lin Family, Father Lin murmured, "The moral degeneration of the world is getting worse day by day."

Lin Shuhao was so stiff that he dared not speak for fear of being scolded by his parents for not choosing the right place. He glanced at the gang and saw one of them. The man saw him, too, and got up, walking towards him.

"Shuhao, what a coincidence!"

He was someone he met regularly, so Lin Shuhao could only politely reply. "Yes, what a coincidence." He didn't add anything further, clearly not wanting to talk to him anymore.

However, the man saw Lin Xin next to him and asked, "Your sister?"

"Mm-hmm." Lin Shuhao replied, indicating his reluctance to further the conversation.

The man didn't take the hint, he pulled a chair and sat down.

Father Lin asked, "Who are your parents?"

The man was so absorbed in looking at the beauty, that he neglected the two elders. Just when Father Lin opened his mouth to speak, the man's gaze fell on the two elders. Looking at Lin Shuhao's parents, he smiled.

Father Lin said impolitely, "Say hello to your parents for me. The quality of the project they did last time was so-so. I'm thinking about another one."

As soon as the words fell, the man's face changed and he dared not stay any longer, returning to his group of friends.

Xiao Tian was among them. When he came back, Xiao Tian asked, "What's the matter?"

He told Xiao Tian exactly what had happened.

Xiao Tian laughed and said, "Just a few words scared you?"

The man smiled and did not speak. As he poured a glass of wine and played Finger Spoof with his friends, his eyes never once left Lin Xin.

Lin Shuhao was here through a friend's recommendation. He was told that the people who came here weren't idlers. Who knew he would run into a playboy like Ding Qi, who caused trouble for his parents?

He was taught not to associate with people who have such a chaotic private life, including small-time stars. His parents, who were already feeling stuffy, were in an even worse mood. They lectured him about these again all through the remaining dinner, making him feel even worse. After dinner, he decided he'd hide in his room and sleep until he felt better.

Lin Xin didn't say a word all the way. Since the time she met Xiao Tian, she had been a little afraid. There were very few people she was afraid of and Xiao Tian was one of them. She clearly remembered his contemptuous look in the orphanage. A few years later, when the two met... because he liked her a little, she seized his arrogance and disdain, daring to say those words to him.

Ten years later, Lin Xinyu was able to do such things as monitoring her house, pretending not to recognize her and shamelessly following her around. Had it not been for Lin Shuhao, she really felt that he would have taken her as a stand-in. Black to the bone, she could hardly see through him. If the one she claimed to know completely, Lin Xinyu, had turned so, who knows what someone who she barely knew, Xiao Tian, had become?

After this encounter, Lin Xin was robbed of her sense of security. She was jittery and wanted to stay with Lin Shuhao. However, thinking back to what had happened during the day, she thought it would be better to distance herself from him as well. Otherwise, there would be another misunderstanding and it'd be very embarrassing. Besides, her anxiety stemmed from her sixth sense. She couldn't directly say to Lin Shuhao: Xiao Tian and I knew each other more than ten years ago. He is not a good person. We should be on guard.

Besides, nothing had happened yet.

Just as Lin Xin was mulling over these things, there was a knock on the door. Thinking it was Lin Shuhao, she unbolted the door just slightly. But then, the man outside the door pushed hard and slid in like a loach.

The stench of wine assaulted her senses and Lin Xin stepped back, inadvertently making way for an inebriated Ding Qi to barge in.

While at the restaurant, he, who was there for a merry time, had run into a wall at Father Lin's side. Upset, he downed more wine far exceeding his level of alcohol tolerance. Looking at his dejected state, Xiao Tian asked him if he really liked Miss Lin, or was he just pretending?

Of course, he really liked her!

Miss Lin was a first-class beauty, like a beautiful person made of snow. It tickled his heart when he thought about her, but she's not the daughter of ordinary people. His parents had business dealings with the Lin family and couldn't offend them. Besides, he was notorious for being a player. Whenever he met someone who he couldn't 'eat', he had another glass of wine in his heart.

He babbled on, how his family could not afford to offend them, etc. etc. They were all wine and meat friends, after all, so speaking their mind after getting sloshed was nothing new.

Upon hearing him, Xiao Tian casually said, "Since you like Lin Xin, go ahead. Why should you care about offending them?"

Who was Xiao Tian? He's someone everyone in their group was trying to please. The Lin family couldn't compare to the Xiao family. When Ding Qi heard him say this, he was pumped up. Lin Xin's face was stuck in his head, refusing to leave. Guzzling a few more glasses of wine, he plucked up his courage and decided to take matters ahead.

Taking advantage of everyone's inattention, he quietly made it to Lin Xin's room, knocked on the door and easily slipped in while she was unprepared. Once he saw the beauty, he jumped on her, covered her mouth with deft hands and took off his pants while coaxing.

"Be a good girl and don't cry, I like you. Don't move. I promise I won't hurt you. Just wait, I'll come to your house and propose."