Chapter 138

Father and Mother Lin looked at their daughter in surprise.

Their lovely daughter asked what?

They looked at Lin Xinyu behind Lin Xin and decided not to speak, letting them settle their own affairs first.

Han Keman did not expect that she would ask such a thing directly in public. Embarrassed, she did not know how to answer. She glanced at Lin Xinyu who was standing behind Lin Xin with his hands covering the sun for Lin Xin. He looked at Lin Xin gently, looking only at her, a look that had appeared when she first met him.

"Yes," Han Keman said. "Yes."

Lin Xinyu was stupefied and coldly asked, "When? Where? Why don't I know?"

Han Keman lowered her head with a guilty heart, then raised her head with tears in her eyes, and grabbed the corner of Lin Xinyu's clothes, saying, "Will you take me away now? I won't bother you again."

Xiao Tian was a demon, dark and terrible. This was her last chance, she could get a lot of money and make her life easier.

Just take her away now.

Lin Xin felt a headache. She didn't want to know what really happened. It had nothing to do with her. She leaned against her mother and saw Lin Shuhao, who came to pick them up. She stretched out her hand like a child and said, "Lin Shuhao, carry me, I can't walk."

When Lin Shuhao saw Han Keman tugging at Lin Xinyu's clothes, his heart 'thudded'. A few steps later he picked up his sister. Lin Xin leaned against his shoulder and somehow remembered every step Lin Xinyu took holding her in his arms. Her heart felt sour, tears flowed all the way down and on Lin Shuhao's neck.

Lin Shuhao paused. "I don't think there's anything between them. If you like him, admit it. If you have anything to ask, make it clear, don't hold it in your heart."

Lin Xin sniffed and rebutted. "Who says I like him? I don't like him at all."

Lin Shuhao still wanted to talk, but the two were already beside the car. With their parents there, he could not say anything more. After putting Lin Xin in the car and fastening her seat belt, they drove directly to the hospital.

Before Lin Xinyu could explain, Lin Shuhao got into the car with Lin Xin behind him. He tried to catch up but Han Keman caught him, looking at him with tears in her eyes.

Xiao Tian clapped his hands, smiled, and said, "Old lovers meeting again, how touching! Do you, Lin Xinyu, like this gift I gave you?" He raised Han Keman's chin with his index finger, looking her up and down, "Very much alike, isn't she?"

For the past ten years, Xiao Tian and he had gone their own way. Not once had their paths crossed. But from the time he was with Han Keman, he knew that Xiao Tian had been watching him.

Now, he and Lin Xin together were an eyesore? Did he want to use Han Keman to destroy their relationship?

Lin Xinyu could only think so far for now. If it had been ten years ago, he would have rushed up angrily. Now he simply smiled it off. He wanted him to take Han Keman? Did he think he was gonna take her?

Yesterday, he'd thrown Ding Qi into Han Keman's room to teach that skirt-chaser a lesson by borrowing Xiao Tian's hand. True, she had the same face as Lin Xin, so he could not lay his hand hard, but that didn't mean he was sans a bottom line.

Lin Xinyu smiled and said, "Thank you. Can Miss Han let go? I should go."

Xiao Tian did not expect that he would be indifferent to Han Keman's pleas. He had really forgotten all about Lin Xin, he thought. Now, he became curious about the little princess named Lin Shuxin who was able to take her place in his heart.

Han Keman let go of his clothes in disappointment, going back to stand behind Xiao Tian and looked at Lin Xinyu, who was far away, with a little hatred in her eyes. She just wanted him to take her away, it was not too much to ask as an ordinary friend, not to mention that he had been so gentle to her before.

Lin Xinyu knew that Lin Xin would go to the hospital. When he took a taxi to get there, they had already gone back. He went to Lin Xin's house but was shut out by the housekeeper. He called Lin Xin, always getting cut off in the middle of the ring. Then, he called Lin Shuhao, but as soon as the call got through, it was hung up.

He knew Lin Xin was avoiding him and didn't want to talk to him anymore. It was not easy to win over that tiny position that was ruined by Han Keman's words. He didn't blame her, only himself for bringing Han Keman home, that time. Now, thanks to his recklessness she believed whatever anyone else said.

Lin Xinyu decided to wait in front of Lin Xin's house until she saw him.

He squatted by their door, from noon to evening. The servant who bought groceries went in and out two or three times, but he was still there where he had been.

The moon climbed up the branches, the stars blinked, and the insects and frogs sang.

And, Lin Xinyu was still waiting.