Chapter 155

Do you think that if you had taken Lin Xin away from the orphanage all those years ago, she would fall in love with you?

It couldn't be said that Xiao Tian always had this thought. He confidently felt that he would make her fall in love with him... If only he'd corrected that little fork in the road.

"She told me she thought you were disgusting, annoying, and she hated you more than the dirty me," Lin Xinyu said mockingly. "Even if you met her before me, she wouldn't fall in love with you, because you never entered her eyes."

Lin Xinyu spoke of Xiao Tian's innermost pain. From birth, he had led a life of countless stars surrounding the moon. Suddenly, one day, he met a girl whose intelligence could match his. He extended his hand, but she disdained it. Showing him in deeds that all she needed was effort. She did it, and it was fine. What he had was what most people dreamed of. What else did he need? Lin Xin had overturned his view of the world. He was just an ordinary person, no different from them.

He fell from the pedestal he thought he was on. He never admitted he was mortal, but he did what mortals do.

Xiao Tian frantically said, "You're the one who's talking." The hand holding onto Lin Xin loosened slightly.

Lin Xinyu had been precisely waiting for this opportunity. He kicked Xiao Tian's leg, his hand reaching towards Lin Xin's shoulder.

Unexpectedly, Xiao Tian wasn't careless and didn't dodge Lin Xinyu's kick. He let him kick his leg, groaning in pain as he stood there with his left hand on Lin Xin.

"Did you think I'd fall for it?"

It was obvious that he had seen through Lin Xinyu's psychological tactics.

Lin Xinyu did not dare move, he was afraid that he would accidentally take Lin Xin's life.

Lin Xin, who had been stiff, suddenly bit Xiao Tian's arm that was holding her. Xiao Tian was in pain as he raised his hand and slapped her, telling her to settle down. Lin Xin felt her head buzz. Her eyes were black and white. She shook her head and closed her eyes, only to hear Lin Xinyu's heart-wrenching cry: "Lin Xin!"

Xiao Tian was startled.

"What did you call her?"

Lin Xinyu's eyes were red, he wanted to go and tear apart Xiao Tian. He looked at the dying Lin Xin in his hand and did not dare to move. He could only extend his arms and plead.

"Give her to me, I beg you to give her to me. I'll give you anything you want, take my life, I beg you to give me her. She will die..." His tears fell like rain, crying like a child.

Xiao Tian tightly embraced Lin Xin, veins popping out on his forehead. "What did you call her? Lin Xin? Isn't her name Lin Shuxin?"

Lin Xinyu only thought about Lin Xin's safety in Xiao Tian's hands. He had lost all reason, only standing there and saying, "Give her to me."

An innocent thought popped into Xiao Tian's mind, was the person in his hands Lin Xin? How was this possible? How could there be a ghost in this world? But what else could explain Lin Xinyu's actions?

If she was really Lin Xin, then Lin Xinyu's actions were reasonable.

Xiao Tian suddenly laughed, tightly hugging Lin Xin. "You want her to live right? Sure, then let us go."

Lin Xin felt that everything was in chaos and she couldn't figure a way out. She was tired and wanted to lie down in this perplexing place. She didn't want to move. She just wanted to sleep here. But a voice in her heart told her: You can't sleep, you won't be able to wake up if you sleep. What if when she woke up, it'd be in another world? There were people in this world that she was worried about. If she left, he would be very lonely.

The voice kept reminding her not to sleep, not to sleep. Finally, at some point, she was awakened by it.

When she opened her eyes, she found herself in an unfamiliar environment. The large French windows were extremely sunny. The wind blew against the thin curtains as if gently caressing a lover's hair. Outside the window, the blue sky, white clouds, and the sea connected into one. She could quietly hear the sound of the sea.

She had never been here before. Lin Xin stood up and looked around for a familiar figure. Xiao Tian, who was standing beside the window, closed a book and rested his slender and beautiful fingers on the book for a moment. He slowly approached her. Wearing clean and refreshing clothes, his back facing the light, he smiled and asked, "You're awake?"

Polite as a prince.

Lin Xin was stunned, did she transmigrate again? Meeting someone who looked exactly like Xiao Tian?

She fumbled for a mirror on the bedside table.

Xiao Tian walked over and asked, "What are you looking for?"

"A mirror."

Xiao Tian handed a phone to her. Lin Xin took the phone and opened the camera to see a familiar face. She heaved a sigh of relief.

She was still her. This hadn't changed. Suddenly, she thought of something. She hurriedly tried to dial Lin Xinyu's number.

Xiao Tian snatched back his phone. "You want to call him?"

Lin Xin didn't say anything. Before she fainted, she only heard Lin Xinyu call out to her, but she didn't know how much time had passed since then.

What did Xiao Tian want? Even more so, she couldn't guess.

Xiao Tian threw his phone onto the bedside table, looked at Lin Xin, and asked, "Do you like it here?"

Lin Xin said, "It's not bad."

Xiao Tian said, "Not bad? So it's okay. Let's use this place as our wedding room."