Chapter 158

She couldn't escape.

Lin Xin's head was spinning, she could not stand still, so she took a step back and leaned on Xiao Tian. With someone supporting her, it was much easier for her to stand. She didn't want to lean on Xiao Tian, so she stood straight once again, then turned around and walked back. Xiao Tian didn't know what her intentions were, so he simply followed closely behind her. When they returned to the living room, the servant had already prepared food. His parents called for the two of them to eat. Lin Xin sat down at the table and specifically chose the meat to eat. When his mother saw she'd only eaten meat, she scooped two chopsticks of vegetables into her bowl.

"Shuxin, eat some vegetables."

After twenty years of habit, Lin Xin said, "Thank you."

When Xiao Tian saw her full of fighting spirit as she ate, he was afraid, thinking that she was drifting away. Who was she? She was Lin Xin, the self-confident and stubborn Lin Xin. He reckoned she must be thinking, I want to eat more and nourish my body. One day I will leave this place, just you wait.

He didn't know what she was planning, but no matter what, he would still have her in his hand.

When Xiao Tian caught a glimpse of Lin Xin from the past before him now, he found his heart throbbing. He gently said, "Lin Xin, eat slower. Be careful not to choke. If you like meat, I'll have it made for you every day."

Lin Xin felt that no matter who she was against, she shouldn't go against him. A little anxious, she slowed down her pace and ate the rice in the bowl slowly.

When Mrs. Xiao heard her son calling her 'Lin Xin', she raised her head to look at her son but didn't ask. A mother knows her son best. Her son's girlfriends all looked more or less the same as the girl he had met all those years ago, Lin Xin. The one from not long ago looked exactly the same.

When lunch was over, she pulled her son into the study and asked him, "Are you still dwelling on Lin Xin? You're about to get married, why are you still thinking about that woman?"

Xiao Tian was stunned by his mother's words. He barely managed to reply. "No."

"During lunchtime, you called Lin Shuxin 'Lin Xin', could it be that I misheard you?" Mrs. Xiao said.

The name 'Lin Shuxin' sounded awkward to him. He smiled and said, "In the future, you can also call her 'Lin Xin'. Don't call her 'Shuxin', I'm not used to hearing that."

Mrs. Xiao still wanted to say something, but her son hastily pushed her out of the room. At that moment, his father's secretary came over and passed on a message, "Madam, the master is looking for you."

Mrs. Xiao sighed and said, "I won't care about your matters anymore. You do as you see fit." She turned to his father's secretary and asked, "Xiao Li, where is he now?"

Xiao Li brought Mrs. Xiao to see his master.

Xiao Tian stood at the window as his gaze fell onto Lin Xin who was exercising on the lawn. He smiled, then went downstairs to Lin Xin's side and asked, "This place isn't bad right?"

Lin Xin raised her hand to shield her forehead from the sun as she looked into the distance. "It's not bad."

Xiao Tian said, "It's good that you like it. I won't stop you from going anywhere on this island."

Lin Xin glanced at him and asked, "You don't mind me jumping into the sea?"

Xiao Tian smiled and said, "If you want to jump, you can."

He really does understand me. I disdain the idea of jumping into the sea to commit suicide. How useless must one be to think of committing suicide?

T/N: harsh!

Lin Xin used a towel to wipe off her sweat. Last time at the lake villa, she was a little tired and had caught a cold at night before fainting. The doctor said that she was weak and had been in bed for more than twenty years before this happened. There was nothing wrong with her body. Exercise and recuperation were not effective until three to five years ago. Now she was in a hurry to get well. When she could walk fifty steps a day, she would reach the fifty-first step. Every day she would break yesterday's limit. The effect was obvious. Now, she could stand under the sun, and run two laps at least.

She didn't know how long Xiao Tian would imprison her, nor did she know if one day her captor would assault her. She believed that as long as she recovered, she would be able to leave this place. Wasn't there still Lin Xinyu? He definitely wouldn't let her wait for him for too long.

At the thought of someone waiting for her, Lin Xin's heart was filled with hope and power. She insisted on running a little more before returning to her room. After taking a shower, she lay down and fell asleep.

She would get up at five every day. Take a few laps around the yard, then eat breakfast and walk for another ten minutes before resting for an hour. Then she exercised and went to bed at seven o'clock sharp.