Chapter 165

The door opened from the outside. Lin Xinyu carried the injured Lin Xin and shouted for an ambulance. He carried her blood covered body and ran downstairs.

Lin Xin was still conscious. She touched his face and said, "I'm fine, don't worry."

"Don't talk, don't talk."

Lin Xin still had a lot of things she wanted to say to him. "I won't leave, you have to wait for me..."

She was sent to an operating room. Xiao Tian who had been following him sat beside him. On the day Lin Xin was taken away by Li Shunming, he was also worried about Lin Xin, so he followed Lin Xinyu. He handed a bottle of water to Lin Xinyu, and Lin Xinyu took a sip.

The corridor was quiet and empty. Xiao Tian thought back to that day ten years ago, when Lin Xin and Lin Xinyu were pushed to the operating room together and the only one who came out was Lin Xinyu. He lifted the white sheet and saw Lin Xin quietly sleeping underneath. A cut on her chest, missing a heart.

He's been jealous of Lin Xinyu ever since.

Ten years later he was still safe and sound, while she was lying on the hospital bed. No matter how things changed, she still loved him as if her life depended on it.

Xiao Tian stood up and asked, "Do you hate me?"

Lin Xinyu's arms rested on his legs, his head hung, as tears dripped onto the floor.

Xiao Tian no longer felt that it was a form of cowardice. Tears ran down the corners of his eyes and landed in his mouth, salty and a little bitter.

The light in the emergency room went out, and the doctor came out to explain the patient's condition. "Her internal organs aren't injured, but she has lost a lot of blood. She'll be fine soon."

Lin Xinyu abruptly stood up and rushed towards the operating room, but was stopped by Xiao Tian. "Wait for the doctors to push her out."

The doctor nodded at Xiao Tian. "We still need to observe her for half an hour. The nurse will bring her out later."

Lin Xinyu lowered his head and stood in the doorway of the operating room like an abandoned puppy. He grabbed the door handle anxiously and kept knocking on the wooden door.

After an unknown period of time, the door opened from the inside. He rushed forward and tightly held Lin Xin's hand, following the stretcher to the ward. He tightly held onto Lin Xin's hand, refusing to leave for even a second.

Xiao Tian followed them into the ward as well. Looking at Lin Xin's pale, bloodless face, he asked the doctor, "When will she wake up?"

The doctor flipped through Lin Xin's medical records and said, "Usually patients wake up after the effects of the anesthesia have worn away. But she doesn't seem to be in very good shape. I'm not sure about that either."

Xiao Tian planned to wait for Lin Xin to wake up before leaving. He sat in front of the hospital bed.

He looked at Lin Xinyu and asked, "When did you know she was her?"

Lin Xinyu looked up and calmly said, "The second time I saw her."

Xiao Tian's heart tightened, only then did he realize the difference between him and Lin Xinyu. He had so many chances to recognize her, but he missed them all.

How could she fall in love with someone who wanted to hurt her?

Xiao Tian asked, "How come you don't hate me at all?"

Lin Xinyu said, "Why should I hate you? Buddha speaks of the Karma Sutra, cause, and effect. What I'm suffering now is the consequence of what I sowed, I do not blame or hate anyone."

He smiled, full of kindness to the world. No matter how much suffering he'd experienced, he would act just like how he used to when he was young, holding on to his innocence and showing the world utmost goodwill.

Xiao Tian smiled, finally understanding one thing. His personality decided his 'fate'. He said to Lin Xinyu, "I won't wait for her to wake up. Take good care of her."

Lin Xin had a dream. In it, her body was very light. She floated outside the ward and saw Lin Xinyu in his hospital gown. He sat in a wheelchair, so thin that he didn't look human. His gaze was dull as he stared at the scenery outside the window.

The scenery changed. It was Aunt Hui's home. At night he squatted in front of the fridge, stuffed his mouth with food, and gulped two times before he ran to the bathroom to throw up. After vomiting, he ate again, repeating the process back and forth until daybreak. Later on, he got better and went to school like any other kid, working hard. After he was admitted into university, Cheng Qingrong and Aunt Hui happily made a table full of delicious food and placed a pair of chopsticks next to him. Lin Xin floated over and sat down. She seemed to see him smile in her direction. He picked up a piece of red braised meat and placed it in her bowl. It was clearly a dream, but Lin Xin could smell the meat. She used her hand to grab it, and her transparent body passed through it.

That night, Lin Xinyu wrote a line in his diary - Lin Xin, I went to college. I will walk the road you want me to, wait for me at the end of it.

He lay down, holding the Big Teddy she had once held and buried his head in the fuzz, sobbing.

Lin Xin floated behind him and hugged him, wanting to give him some comfort, but she couldn't touch him at all. Anxious, she scurried around and accidentally bumped into the big bear he was holding.