Chapter 166

She no longer felt light. Her body felt warm. She opened her eyes and saw the top of Lin Xinyu's head. She wanted to touch it, but it seemed she could not lift her hands. It felt as if they weighed a thousand pounds. She turned her eyes and was startled by the chocolate fuzz.

Did I become a teddy bear?

This really isn't good, she wailed in her heart. At the same time, Lin Xinyu's body heat made her feel incredibly at ease. She felt it was also good to be accompanying him like this.

The next day she watched him get up, dress, and go out, then come back in the evening and cuddle her to sleep. Day after day, after an unknown length of time, he brought her out of the room. They arrived at a large house. He lived a very regular life, waking at six o'clock in the morning and sleeping at eight o'clock at night. Sometimes he would sit on the balcony with her in his arms and bask in the sun all afternoon. Sometimes he would give her a bath and throw her into the washing machine, making her dizzy. Then she was hung on the veranda, left to look at the scenery in the distance.

She found this kind of life rather boring. It was nothing compared to being able to spend time with him every night.

After an unknown amount of time, one day, Lin Xinyu brought back a woman. She sat on the sofa. The woman couldn't be clearly seen. Her voice sounded somewhat familiar.

"Your house is so big." She sat beside Lin Xin and sighed.

Lin Xin strained her eyes, trying to see the woman's face. Her fur was too thick for her to see.

Lin Xinyu asked, "Do you want water?" Then he handed her a glass of water and sat across from her, looking at her quietly and tenderly.

What the hell is that look? Lin Xin really wanted to slap him. Right before her eyes, he was affectionately looking at another woman.

Does he think I'm dead?

The woman looked around, her gaze falling on the teddy bear beside her. She curiously said, "This bear is so old."

Old, you're the one that's old!

She really wanted to slap her as well. How could she bear1 with a lover entering the house?

The woman's hand touched her head and she was about to pick her up. Suddenly, Lin Xinyu picked up the teddy bear and said, "Miss Han, you can't touch this. I'm really sorry. If you don't have a place to sleep tonight, I'll take you to a hotel."

Lin Xinyu held the teddy bear in his arms, facing the woman. Lin Xin finally saw her. The woman in front of her looked familiar. Wait, she heard Lin Xinyu call her 'Miss Han', she's Han Keman!

Memories flooded into her soul and her head ached. Was she dead? Or not dead? Or dead? She couldn't tell if those were real memories. Was she Lin Xin? Or was she Lin Shuxin? Or was she Lin Xin, from the orphanage? Her memories were in disarray, the scene distorted, everything was white. She looked around in confusion, not knowing where to go. She crouched on the ground, clutching her head. Was this a dream or reality? She didn't know.

Suddenly, a clear male voice rang out in the white haze. "Do you think that because I'm poor, humble, short, and unbeautiful, I don't have a soul or a heart? You're wrong! My soul is exactly like yours, and so is my heart. My heart speaks to your heart as if we crossed the grave and stood at the feet of God. We are equal. Because we are equal!"

"Lin Xin, I don't think this book is good at all. Next time, I'll read you your favorite book, Journey to the West."

She slept on the table that sunny afternoon, and he jotted down notes and told her, 'I have a little secret. Do you want to know? Let the wind whisper to you, I like you, I really do."

It was a dream, and none of it was real. Only the person waiting for her was real. She was going to get out of here and see him.

Lin Xin used all her strength to slowly open her eyes. She saw Lin Xinyu with his head lowered as he organized books.

"Ugh, how long did I sleep?" She whispered.

Lin Xinyu paused, the book in his hand falling to the ground. He turned his head slowly, a smile forming on his blank face. "Not long, not long..."