Chapter 37

Sarah P.O.V

It's been a few days since that scandal issue was settled down. Even after the scandal, Adrian started behaving nicely with me. I mean he doesn't talk about the past nor he is asking me to give him another chance.

For now, I was happy knowing I wouldn't have to deal with his tantrums

When I saw the headlines that morning, I was skeptical about the whole issue. So I decided to do a background check on the matter and soon I got to know it was a trap set by Chloe and Lisa so that they could blackmail Adrian.

I wasn't surprised when I talked with Chloe and she asked me for the money to tell the truth in front of the media

I don't know whether Chloe just wanted money from Adrian or there was something else.

Still, I don't know why I decided to defend Adrian when it was a perfect chance to humiliate him in front of the world and announce our divorce.

But knowing Adrian wasn't faulty in this whole matter I decided to help him by cleaning Adrian's name from the matter. I don't want anyone to suffer from something which they didn't even do

I know what Adrian did to me was cruel but I still can't do this to him.

It's against my ethics

Ehhh...Why I can't be selfish for once and think about myself?

Even Ester was mad when she came to know that I was helping Adrian in this situation. She hates him for treating me so badly, although I haven't told her the whole truth about the gala night and the agreement that he made me forcefully sign.

She would have probably killed him and dumped his body successfully by now if she had come to know everything Adrian did.

The good part is I somehow managed to convince Ester and explained to her my decision to support Adrian in this. But what is eating me inside is  Alessandro's changed behavior after I chose to support Adrian. I explained to him my reasons as well.

However for a few days, Alessandro has been acting a bit strange, he hardly calls me or answers my calls.

The last time when I texted him asking if everything was fine, he just replied to me informing me he was busy handling some new projects and would call me when he got free.

But he never called or texted back

Hell!! It's been almost 10 days since I even saw him.

His sudden change in attitude affected me a lot. I could barely sleep or concentrate on anything.

Somedays I even thought of visiting him at his office and asking if everything is fine between us but I don't want to look desperate.

What if he is really busy?

I need to give him space, he has a company to handle.

But I too have a company to look after. Yet I somehow managed to call him or text him.

Probably he would be super busy with the work, Sarah.

But a reply would hardly take a minute, right?

Is he already tired of being with me?

Ahh!! I need to stop this overthinking, not everyone in my life leaves, you Sarah.

Give some time

I tried to convince my heart to stop being paranoid. Maybe I am thinking this way because it's been the first time I have been loved by someone and I am scared to death thinking what if they leave me?