Chapter 20

Sasuke remembers, randomly, that he's promised the principal of Yuuei a meeting to discuss... well, everything.

Now, with his last way of getting back dead with no body, he's really got no other choice at this point. As much as he hates the thought of accepting something close to help from people like the Yuuei heroes, from people so self-obsessed, there's not much else he can do, is there?

He's tried doing things himself, which led him to the League, which led him to the heroes, which will either get him what he wants or lead him somewhere else.

"Eri." He motions for her to come to where he's sitting.

Eri is up and about, now. Her illness basically disappeared after another day of sleeping, which was a relief for reasons Sasuke doesn't want to get into.

"Yes, Sasuke-san?" She stands before him, small and anxious. Sasuke only briefly regrets what he's about to ask of her.

"You know how to use your Quirk, right?"

Eri, who had already been looking at her feet, seems to shrink on herself even more.

"Yes." She whispers.

"Can you use it on this apple?" He picks up an apple from off the coffee table. Sana had been eating it earlier, so it has a few bites taken out of it.

"Okay." Her voice is still quiet, she's scared, but not as scared as she might've been a few weeks ago, which Sasuke chooses to take as a good sign.

She takes the apple in both hands and stares at it for a bit. The apple contorts a little as rot begins to take over the skin. The apple shrinks and shrinks until just the rotten core remains.

Both Eri and Sasuke stare at it. Eri with horror, Sasuke with mild curiosity.

"Okay?" She asks hesitantly.

"Yeah." Sasuke gently removes the apple from her hands.

Eri doesn't leave, which is good, Sasuke wants her opinion on the heroes, which she probably doesn't remember very well.

He has yet to deal with Chisaki more... permanently, but it's kind of taken a backseat to his other concerns.

He knows Sana told Eri how she was healed, at least a little bit. "What do you think about heroes?"

Eri points at herself questioningly. Sasuke nods. "They're... okay?"

Usually people have a pretty concrete idea on them one way or another, but Eri wouldn't have had many interactions with them before today, so it makes sense that she wouldn't know what to say.

The only reason he's even considering working with the heroes as a solution to his problem is because he's out of options and they have resources, something that he could get but it would take a while and that's more time he doesn't want to spend here.

Eri doesn't have a bad opinion of heroes, not that she would vocalize it if she did, which makes it easier.

Maybe being around people who aren't 6 years old or have scales will be a good change, Sasuke attempts to rationalize.

Besides, if things go awry he can easily escape.

~~~

He decides to talk with Aizawa and/or Nezu before bringing Eri to Yuuei. He needs to know what they plan to do in terms of living arrangements and how they're going to handle the whole situation.

Sasuke appears right outside the teacher's lounge in the school and knocks on the door.

It's Midnight who opens it.