Chapter 038

Herman was eating his meal while looking at his mobile phone.

Messages from assistant's private group chat were quickly sent out.

Anna, an active and clever woman, quickly changed her group name to "Bao's Army". She was very cheesy, but inexplicably made people feel particularly warm.

He was like a general who had been isolated from the battlefield and was covered in blood and dirt. Suddenly, thousands of reinforcements came and gave him all the support he needed.

He smiled and clicked open the small video taken by Anna. He saw himself in the video chatting fiercely with Julian and Jared.

While eating, he read carefully and made a summary of his three shortcomings and five modified plans. He hoped that he could tear them up again when there was a chance, and he would be able to perform better.

Humans, always needed to keep improving.

Wasn't that right?

He looked at the messages in the group chat and ate more happily. He reached out to call the waiter and ordered some more food.

After the ordering, he was a little stunned.

Now he had such a big appetite that he could finish two sets?

He frowned and looked down. Sure enough, his stomach was getting bigger.

He reached out and touched his belly, thinking about the real reason why his stomach had grown.

Last time, he had gone to see Doctor Barclay and asked him if his stomach had grown bigger. Doctor Barclay touched his belly and said calmly, "Mr. Easton, don't worry too much. You are just putting on weight."

What a shame.

Now, he touched his stomach again and felt it carefully. He thought it must be because of pregnancy this time.

Just then, he felt a strange tremor in his hands.

He was stunned as if his whole body had been touched by electricity.

The vibration was extremely weak. He would not but able to feel it if he was not thinking about it. However, it was so real and he had never experienced it before.

Was this..... fetal movement?

His face suddenly turned red and touched his belly repeatedly, trying to feel this wonderful tremor again. But no matter how hard he tried, he could no longer feel it.

There was really something alive in his belly.

Perhaps it was because subconsciously he could not believe it, and he had not taken his pregnancy seriously before. But, he could no longer ignore this fact.

He was really pregnant, and he was pregnant with Jared's baby. This was completely different from the way laboratories raised bacteria in a dish.

When the second big feast set came, he ate it all.

It was all for the sake of the baby, it was all because of the bottomless pit in his stomach.

It was not because he was greedy.

Thinking of this, he no longer hesitated. He took the chopsticks and rolled them around.

......

After a day's work, Herman stretched his arms and legs and walked out of the door of the Cromwell Group with his belongings.

The sun was dim and the days were slow and long.

He was immersed in the light of the setting sun, and his slender figure looked particularly gentle. Because he was in a good mood, even the person who hurriedly came to deliver the things bumped him aside, he did neither say a thing.

He walked to the roadside, took out his mobile phone, and called a taxi back to Cromwell's house.

Herman's phone vibrated as soon as he got out of the car. He took it and saw that it was his aunt.

He frowned and hesitated, but answered anyway, "Hello?"

"Herman Easton, come back soon."

"What do you want?" Herman asked.

His aunt seemed to laugh coldly on the other end of the phone. "Your father is dead. Come back. You need to organize the funeral."