Chapter One

Taylor's POV

THREE YEARS LATER

"We'll just do a test run to see how you do asking questions, so we have one of the most famous men coming in here today to help you through your first time. This will help us determine if you're a right fit for this company as a temporary publicist, especially since our main boss isn't doing so good," my co-worker Lauren approached two glass double doors, placing her newly manicured hand over the shiny gold knob.

"Sounds great," I smile.

Ok, seriously? What the actual fuck?

I wanted to be in bed right now, but of course the universe had other plans for me.

I got called into work at 10 in the morning and now I had to interview this random ass guy. What has my life become?

"Your mentor will be here shortly. Prepare yourself before he walks in. We don't want our company being represented by someone that doesn't know what she's doing. Our boss shouldn't come back more disappointed than she already is," she explains.

"I understand," I smile again sweetly as she closes the door. I let out a harsh breath and roll my eyes in annoyance once I'm sure she's gone.

I look in a nearby mirror to make sure I look presentable. One of the biggest business men were coming in here today, and I wanted to make a good first impression for our company.

They didn't tell me who I'd be interviewing, but I'm sure it would be one of those stuck up rich guys.

Regardless of my thoughts, I fix a few strands of hair that escaped my sleek bun when suddenly the door flies open.

"Hi—" I turn around, my eyes finding the most attractive man I've ever seen. His dark, almost black hair messy but perfect at the same time.

His dark, stormy green eyes found mine and I feel my breath quicken and my heart beat fasten.He was the definition of perfect. He was built and looked like a literal Greek God.

Wait a second. He looked familiar.

Oh, fuck me.

Of course it was the jerk from high school. I hadn't seen him since then and I've avoided him successfully for this long.

Why did the universe hate me so much?

I just wanted to sleep in my cozy bed, but clearly, I didn't deserve that.

"Are you the interviewer, Taylor Thomas?" He asks, moving over by his desk and taking a seat in his chair, his accent surprising me. I'm not sure what accent it is, but it's very clear in his voice.

I mean, I somewhat heard his accent back in college, but it wasn't as evident as it is now.

I wonder if he remembers me.

"Unfortunately," I mutter quietly, sighing. "Are you ready for your interview, Mr. Romano?" I ask harshly as I make my way to a chair, sitting down in front of him and preparing to ask him these questions so I can get home and go back to sleep.

"Well I'm here, aren't I?" he asks sarcastically while staring at me intently. Well, he's definitely the same arrogant jerk from college.

He lifted his left brow, the same small scar going down his eyebrow from four years ago still there, not healed a bit.

Nothing has changed apparently.

I decide against addressing him and his rudeness and I instead smile, slightly clenching my jaw in irritation.