thirty three.

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
gram's replacement

Hakeem

next day

Yesterday, Hakeem had called Tiana, warning her about Blake. She had went silent out of nowhere and he had kept calling her name, but she didn't answer. He had hung up and quickly told his family what was going down.

They had rushed to Tiana's house, but were too late. She was already knocked out, and Blake was nowhere to be found. The stupid ass cops didn't help. They kept saying they had no trace of him.

How the fuck was there no trace of him if he was walking around in broad daylight shooting people? That was why the entire search felt off to Hakeem. Blake should've been found. There were way too many snakes in that city.

They had rushed Tiana to the hospital, and she'd been unconscious for the entirety of yesterday. When night time came, his family decided to go home but he had stayed by Tiana's side all night. He wasn't going anywhere until she was out of there.

Since he'd been so worried about Tiana, he barely slept. Now he was starting to drift off, but right as he was about to, he felt someone shaking him weakly. He woke up and saw Tiana was finally awake.

"H-Hakeem."

He spoke groggily. "Hey, baby. I'm glad you're finally awake."

"You're not. You look like you're about to pass out."

"I am. I stayed here all night, waiting for you to wake up."

Tiana looked around weakly. "Wait, I'm in the hospital?"

"You are. Blake destroyed your shit," he joked lightly. Tiana gave him an unamused look and he apologized. "My bad. I'm just tryna lighten the mood." Then he sat up tiredly. "Um. Should I get the nurse?"

"No, I feel fine. My head is just sore."

"I'm glad you don't have a concussion or anything. The nurse said it was a miracle."

"There's a lot of miracles happening lately, huh?" Tiana said bitterly.

"Yeah, I guess so."

Tiana stayed silent for a while. Then she said, "I've been meaning to ask you something. How did you know Blake was coming for me?"

"Gram told me."

"And how did he know?"

He shrugged. "Blake must've told him he was coming after you next."

Tiana sighed. "This is bad, Hakeem. Blake is going down the list. First Gram, now me. You remember what that text said, right?"

"One down, two to go."

"Yeah. Now there's two down, so you know who his last target is, right?"

He did. "Yeah. Ro." Which meant Royalty really needed to stay home. But then again, Blake broke into Tiana's house, and he showed up at Gram's doorstep. Maybe Ro ain't safe anywhere. However, Lucious said he trusted Warren with his life, so Hakeem prayed Warren did right by his sister.

He eased Tiana's mind. "Don't worry, he's not gonna get to her."

"I hope not, because I don't think he's going to go easy on Royalty. I feel like he's in his final boss form or some shit." That actually made him laugh. "I'm serious, Hakeem! I'm scared for Royalty!"

"She'll be straight. You need to worry about yourself right now."

"Do you know when I'm getting out of here?" Tiana asked.