Chapter 1

⬆⬆⬆ Can we just acknowledge how hot they look in that picture ⬆⬆⬆

So first of all, thank you to whoever you are, for taking the time to read my book. I love love love Harry Potter and I do hope you enjoy my book.

There aren't many Hermione and Harry twin books and I've wanted to write one so here it is! 

I love active readers, ones that comment, make jokes, give me the criticism I need to help me progress with writing (as long as they aren't bitchy <3) and people who comment ideas for the story! It keeps me motivated and honestly makes me just really happy and giddy, and basically makes me just feel really good. 

But I'll stop taking up so much of your time and let you get on with reading 🤪🤪

EDIT: So this is the third version of this story! Uhm, I'm posting it on this story post because everybody seemed to be bookmarking and saving this one so might as well give them something good lol.

This was basically the very first fanfic I posted so it's sort of nostalgic for me to be rewriting it but also a relief because my story before was a hot mess.

The premise, for my older readers, is mostly the same except written better. I currently have a few chapters pre-written that need editing and it will (hopefully) be on an update schedule but I make no promises because my brain is a bit sucky lmao. 

I hope that everybody enjoys!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------X

He'd never really had a set identity before. It was always changing somehow, a new title - a new name really - setting itself into him until he slowly began to realize that none of them were him.

It was Boy for his earliest memories. Boy was a name. It was a child forgotten in a cupboard and used to being forgotten. He was invisible.

Then it was the vitriolic Freak. Freak was also a name. It was a child bruised and broken. He was huddled in corners and often bleeding.

After that came Harry.

Harry.

Harry James Potter.

It was his name, his true name that his parent's had given him, no matter what his relatives spat at him. He wasn't just Boy or Freak; he was also Harry and that comforted him.

Because Harry was a boy. But Harry wasn't sure he liked being Harry. Harry was hiding in the library because he didn't want to be chased, flinching away from teachers and tugging large clothing to cover his bruises, and being labeled a nuisance, trouble-maker, idiot.

Each time, with every new name, new title, Harry had to change to match it. He had to try and remember what was expected of him, expect to be beaten down even though he tried so hard, and some days he forgot who he was.

Sometimes they blurred together. He had to be Boy and Harry, Boy and Freak, Freak and Harry - and then he was a numb shell curled in darkness and whispering to the spiders because they were his friends, even though he was a terrible friend.

(There were times, when he got hungry enough, he would catch them, apologize, and kill them so he could eat. There were times he got a stomachache from them and he wanted it because he was such a bad person for eating his friends - they were the only ones who liked him and this was what he did)