Chapter 2 - Ah, discrimination my beloved /s

You stare at the sight before you.

Dude, it's the first day of school, and there's already a bunch of racists???? Did that speech go in one ear and out the other?

You walk up to the dwarf and human fighting and watch.

Dark red and black cores?

Dark red and black. I have a feeling this won't end with just the duel.

I'm glad we think the same.

You stare, and once the duel is over, you stare at the human's next steps. He's going to try and crush his wrist.

"Oh no, is that the student council president I see?" A familiar voice calls from behind you.

You hold in a laugh, and you take the chance to help the augmenter up.

"Are you alright?"

"Thank you," He smiles.

"No worries, but I think you should be thanking the brown haired boy." You snap your fingers, and the dust on his body clears. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I decide when the duel ends, scrawny first year," The blond pushes Arthur back. "Don't let me catch you between classes."

"Just a bit bruised," The dwarf mumbles.

"I'll help," A small light shines from your hand, and you hear a weapon being summoned behind you. "Are you healed?"

"I feel better. Thank-"

"Do you-"

"Do YOU dare?" You stare at the student council president.

"Dude, I think I'm in love..." You mumble.

"Get in line; You're not the only one."

You choke, and the dwarves laugh with you.

"Try stopping your weapon just before you hit me, but that action alone will warrant you a suspension." The princess approaches the boy. "And if you were to touch even a hair on my head, expulsion would be the least of your worries. So I'll ask again; Do you dare?"

You watch as the boy apologizes to Arthur, and you nod. "I'll be heading off then."

"See you around?"

"See you," You smile. "Ah, right, what's your name?"

"I'm Broznean Boor, you?"

"Y/n L/n," You smile. "I'll see you around then."

You turn to walk off, and you pause at the sound of magic.

"Man... I'm really getting sick of people just grabbing onto me like this."

The gravity shifts under the black-haired boy's feet, and you barely manage to stop him from slamming onto the ground with your own magic.

"Arthur." Your voice lowers, and a light purple secretes from your eyes. "Control that temper of yours."

The boy turns to you, pissed off. "Excuse me?"

"You heard what I said." You glare at him. "People are flawed; no one knows anything without context. The princess did not see what was going on beforehand; it's normal for her to assume. As for the boy... he's just looking out for her. You seem to have forgotten she's royalty."

Arthur bites back on his words, and he glares back at you.

"A-ah, I think I'll handle it from here-" Tessia speaks up.

You stare at the elf, and you choose to remain silent. "Forgive me for stepping in."

The girl shakes her head. "It's alright. You're Y/n L/n, right? I hope you enjoy your stay."

"Thank you, president," You smile at her. "I'll be taking my leave then."

"Ah, um, I think Director Goodsky wanted to talk to you?"

"Huh?" You stop, and you stare at the girl. "The... director?"

"Yeah, she told me to find you!"

"I'll head her way then," You smile.

Fifi lands in your hands, and you warp with him.

Isn't it bad to leave such an awful impression on the soul?

Well, to be fair, what parent doesn't berate their child?

Just because your parents gave you trauma doesn't mean that it was the right way to parent-

Coming for my neck, I see.

I'm just being honest.

"Director?"

"Ah, Y/n! Come sit, love," She motions for you to take a seat. "You see, are you aware about how the student council are the shields in the school?"

"Let me guess, you're making swords." You snap your fingers, and the tea is set before the two of you.

"Spot on!" She smiles. "So-"

"What do I get for joining?"

"You really like cutting me off-"

"It's a specialty," You smile at her. "Just like how you like cutting my lifespan short-"

"Alright, Alright," She sighs. "I'll give you a training center?"

"I want a lab on top of that. Also, my identity is to be hidden." You count your fingers. "Ah! I also want a mask that can change my voice."

"I think I've heard this cliché before." The director sighs. "Why the mask?"

"Just to keep my identity under wraps," You smile.

"There has to be more."

"There's more, but it'll come out with time," You smile. "It also has to do with the symbols..."

"Ah," The director smiles sadly.

"I'm also going to commit arson, that's what." You grin.

No.

"I was kidding," You laugh and scratch Fifi's head. "I'll attend the meetings, but I won't take off my mask while there. On top of that, I'm wearing my regular uniform while at school."

The director taps her chin. "Fair enough. Anything else?"

You sit there for a bit. "Is Arthur Leywin going to be part of the committee?"

"Yes."

You think hard. "If he ever asks, make sure he doesn't find out about my identity."

"Why-"

"I may or may not have just finished telling him off." You smile. "He has quite the temper sometimes."

"You act like you have his whole personality figured out."

No, bestie, I know exactly what his personality is built like.

Kind of creepy ngl

You smile. "You could say that."

"Have you checked out your dorm?"

"Is it by myself?"

"Yes," The director smiles. "Though, I don't understand why your family would ask for that."

You smile. "plot convenience."

"What?"

"I just prefer being alone." You hum. "See you another time, professor!"

"Wait-"

And with the mist, you're gone too.