chapter 18- Descend Us Into Darkness

Ashleigh’s POV

I could feel new and old scares under my nails as I wiped away his blood. I dropped the bloody damp gauze to the wooden floor, and placed both hands on his chest, as I felt his scarred chest under my palms. Each was different unique, and each where apart of the Scarecrow. Suddenly the Scarecrow’s own rough hands where placed on my pale shoulders, soon they trailed across my collar bone and my arm, to my waist as my hands felt scares which where deep and jagged on his waist. His hands crossed over my back, as my hands wrapped around his muscled torso as I felt more forgiving and unforgiving scares. His hands smoothed over each curve I owned, I began to pull away from the damaging scares before me. I pressed my hands against his hard muscled torso and looked into his dark black eyes. His lips stole mine as he leaned forward, I gasped against his lips as I kissed him hard. His lips travelled to my neck as he nuzzled it and whispered, “I love you.” I swooned; three of the greatest words to come out of any man’s lips just came out of the Scarecrow. I grabbed the Scarecrow’s chin and pulled his lips back to mine, to give him a small light kiss, and then pulled away, “I love you too.” His eyes softened, he pulled me into his chest and held me as we lowered onto the bed, he pulled back to look down at me, and gently trailed a finger over the necklace of his which pressed against my neck, “did Ra’s Al Ghul hurt you?” he asked looking deep into my eyes, I held out my wrist where a dark purple ring ran around my wrist, from the force of Ra’s grip. The Scarecrow growled, but he then lowered his head to kiss the underside of my wrist where Ra’s Al Ghul’s nails had dug into my skin leaving red bleeding crescents. His hands trailed over my waist and then stopped as dampness pressed against my skin and his hand. I looked down at my body to see the Scarecrow’s dark blood spattered over my dress. He pulled his hand away to show his bloody hand, which is when he suddenly bolted off the bed and stood in the middle of the room. He ran his clean and un-bloodied hand through his hair; his eyes dark almost bottomless as he stared at my recovering shocked form from his quickness to leave me. “You should shower and change.” He turned and moved his darkening gaze away from me, I stood up off the bed and walked to his wardrobe and opened it wide revealing a row of white and black shirts. I looked over to the scarecrow who was looking at his extensive book collection, I sighed and roughly pulled one of his black shirts of a hanger and kicked off my dragger like blood red heels, and then walked to the bathroom listening to the scarecrow, “you look beautiful .” which I ignored, as I locked the door behind me.

Ra’s Al Ghul’s POV

My blood had been spilt, my fists clenched at my sides as I allowed my broken jaw to bleed as I walked through the city of old Gotham. Soon Darius came running up to me, through the darkness, “Sir what happened? Did you find Ashleigh?” I growled, and grasped Darius my the collar of his uniform, and pulled him closer, “Ashleigh was there, but so was the Scarecrow which was expected, but Jason Todd wasn’t.” I pushed Darius into the wall of a decaying building, “I brought him back to lift and the thanks I get, is getting my jaw broken with a gun.” I growled causing more blood to flow from my slaughtered jaw. I opened the Lazarus pit doors wide, and shrugged off my suit jacket. I walked into the Lazarus pit, the immortal waters electrified my body, and I could feel my jaw bone fusing back together and layers of torn skin healing back together. I pulled my body from the addictive waters and walked away from the only thing which had kept me alive for so many centuries. I looked at Darius who stood to attention awaiting my orders, “Darius tear through Gotham, with your men. We will find Ashleigh.” He nodded and darted into the darkness, gathering all he needed to give to cause Gotham to destroy its self slowly but surely.

Scarecrow’s POV

I looked down at my bloody hand and shuddered, I placed it where Ashleigh was impaled, a lump gathered in my throat. I knew what was on my hand was my own blood but my mind still registered as familiar to that horrible scene which I wished to forget. I looked down at my blood spattered slacks, and sighed. I heard the shower spurt water and then be muffled by Ashleigh’s body. I sighed and looked into my open wardrobe and gathered a pair of loose jeans. My back flexed as I quickly pushed and pull clothing on and off my body. I could feel small trickles of blood make warms tracks across my back; I sighed and moved myself to the bed which was spattered with my blood. I looked to the bathroom door and heard the uneven patter of water; I leaned carefully against the dark mahogany head board and closed my eyes as I listened to the sound of water gently tapping against Ashleigh’s Skin causing me to sigh lightly.

Suddenly my eyes opened as the sound of water had stopped, I listened intensely as I heard Ashleigh’s feet pad across the white tiled floor, then a small tune which was gently hummed by Ashleigh made its way to my ears, it sounded so gentle, soon I could recognise the song it was a western sounding song called, “Django” it was an old song yet it was so recognisable by my ears. Soon I could hear lyrics coming from the woman behind the bathroom door, “When there are clouds in the skies, and they are grey. You may be sad but remember that love will pass away. Oh Django! After the showers is the sun, Will be shining.” Then she began to hum again, but as her song finished everything grew silent. I swallowed hard as I looked to the handle of the bathroom door, which was slowly pressing down, and then there was the click of the lock and the latch. Ashleigh walked out dressed in one of my black shirt, which landed just above her knee. I let out a shaky breath and stood up off the bed to welcome Ashleigh; she then let out a shaky breath and walked up to me. She stood there looking at me her eyes soft and her lips in a timid smile. I had the over whelming feeling that I had offended her, which was understandable. I leaned forward and picked Ashleigh up and carried her to our bed. She looked up at me as I moved my hand to her once bloody waist in this life and in her last. And smiled down at her gently, “when you lay here before covered in my blood, I placed my hand on your scarred waist and all I could feel was guilt for what had happened to you.” She smiled gently up at me, with some sort of sympathy for how I felt towards what had happened to her, I looked down at my hand which lay at her waist. But suddenly I was flipped onto my back, I gasped slightly as I was now looking up at Ashleigh who had a wide smile on her dark rosy lips. I leaned upwards and pressed my lips against hers, I sighed against her warm lips. It was like a dose of everything I craved for when I kissed her lips. She pulled away and pushed herself down the bed, to lay her head on my bare chest. Her bare feet touched mine as she gently moved her bare leg up and down my jean covered one; I chuckled deeply, causing Ashleigh’s head to move slightly. I sighed and wrapped my arms around her; I relaxed into the cushions and reached up to flick the light off. I gently kissed the top of Ashleigh’s head, and allowed the click of the light switch to descend us into darkness, where I lay with the love of my life.