The Chill Royals And The Town

Tang's Pov

After the talk, I went to the backyard and took the basket me and Haohao spent hours weaving, it was about a meter long and 50 centimeters wide. I brought the basket inside and started fixing the stuff we would need in town today. Truly this fishball machine is a blessing, it makes about 50 fishballs every 15 minutes. So this morning I had about 185 fishballs made. I covered the inside of my basket with a clean towel, and then I go to the kitchen to arrange my fishballs in the basket. I look at the small hallway, seeing that nobody's there I hurried into the space and took the two pots of broth I made yesterday. I kept them in the space so they wouldn't go bad. One was spicy and the other and the other was sweet and sour. I know in this era that these flavors didn't exist yet, so it might bring me good profit.

I hurried out of the space taking the last things I needed from the recently made cabinet, which were my handmade bamboo bowl and chopsticks. After I arranged all these in my woven basket, I take the small bottle I made from bamboo and filled it with water. I was finally ready to set off to town.

"Haohao! Let's go now, I've fixed everything!" I yelled from the kitchen

"Okay! I'm ready to, let's go!" He yelled back.

We said a last goodbye to the family and went on our way, we decided not to take the bull carriage in town, not because we don't have enough money, but because I'm currently pregnant. I don't want to take a risk with my child, I know I'm taking one now by going to town to sell stuff, but that's not a major one. Plus from the information I've gotten from the system, this town, Qingshi is very well protected since the current emperor was appointed to the throne.

People say it's because this is where the previous emperor fell in love with his mother. Yes, that's right he was the son of a concubine, a favored one at that. The previous emperor was not a bad one, but a gentle one, too gentle. That's why people would do what they want it's because the emperor didn't like punishing his people, even if they did wrong. And even though he highly favored the current emperor's mother and the current emperor it didn't mean that he abandoned the empress and the original crown prince. This one thing the previous emperor was very good at, keeping balance in his backyard. The relationship between the previous empress, now empress dowager, and the current emperor's mother was so good, that the people thought it was a three-way relationship between the previous emperor and them.

The previous crown prince also has very good relationships with the current emperor, it was said that the crown prince gave up his position willingly because he couldn't take the pressure of being emperor, and also because he likes art very much. And even after the current emperor became emperor his concubine mother declined the position of the dowager. From the people's gossiping, it was said that he calls the empress dowager mother and calls his concubine mother mama, like what!? That's extreme favor right there, even in noble families the children were only allowed to call the legal wife their mother, they can only call their biological mother's name only if their mothers were favored, so let alone a prince? People might still doubt it but this confirmed it for me, the current emperor's mother, the empress dowager, and the ex-emperor were having a three-way relationship, plus instead of waiting for his death to give up the throne to one of his sons he just retired, yes, he's still alive. I swear to god this is the most chill imperial family ever.

Anyways, after thirty minutes we finally arrived. People have just started setting up their stalls. So, from the directions given by the system, there should be a small office right around the corner where I can pay to buy or rent a stall.

"Haohao, I'll go to the stall management office to rent a stall, wait for me there okay?" I said as I pointed my finger towards a stall the was facing the middle of the road.

"Are you sure we can rent that one Shui'er? It's facing the middle of the busy street it must be really expensive.

"I'm sure, and we won't rent it we'll buy it. I have enough money." I said with assurance.

Haohao looked surprised but didn't question any further, after the brief conversation I made haste to the stall management office. After walking for about 7 minutes I arrived at the stall management office. As I walked in I felt many gazes on me some were shocked, some were dazed, and, wait? Hatred? I just felt a gaze with hatred on me? I literally just came to town, how do I have people hating on me already? Anyways, let me just pay attention to what's most important currency, the stall.

"Hello, I would like to buy a stall please," I said as I put a polite smile on my face.

"Yes, of course!" Said the shopkeeper in a hurry. "This way please ma'am," He said as he made a please gesture leading me to the counter.

"Which stall you like to buy ma'am?" He asked

'Oh so that's why I saw numbers were written on each of the stalls,' " I would like to buy stall number 5, how much." I asked which earned some shock, some snickers, and some looks of surprise.

Even the shopkeeper was surprised nonetheless he responded with a firm "6 silvers."

As I was preparing to respond a timid voice came from behind.

"Brother are you sure you want to buy this stall? Brother-in-law has just started to farm and earning some money you can't just waste it like that." OMG! It was that white lotus Tang Chang-an.

After he said that many people started whispering around us.

"Can you believe it he's just wasting the husband's money like that?"

"That's what you get when you marry a pretty face with no brain."

"I pity the husband working so hard on the farm but his wife is just spending money."

"Can't he just settle down with a small stall?" I watched as they all whispered with cold eyes.

Hello, My Lovelies.  Sorry for being late but here's an update, happy reading!