20

We walk into the big main living room where everyone is. My sister, father and brother included, all talking to the previous Alpha and Luna. They both hold themselves like royalty, demanding respect from everyone. Their auras are strong, but not as strong as Zanes or mine.

"Oh there's my baby boy. How are you honey."

His mother spots us first and embraces Zane in a hug, kissing his cheek.

"Hello mother, father." He says with a nod to his father, which is returned as he also approaches us.

"I'd like you both to meet my mate, Nova. Nova this is my mother previous Luna Bellatrix Black and my Father previous Alpha Phoenix Black."

I extend my hand to shake hers when she pulls me into a hug. To say I'm startled is an understatement, I think I yelped even.

Kill me now.

"I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean to frighten you." His mother gives me a warm smile.

"Timid little thing you have here." His father says.

I extend my hand to him, never letting my eyes leave his own. I grip his hand tightly and let my power seep into him for a brief moment. His eyes widen slightly, but only enough to where I'm the only one that notices.

"Not as all Alpha. The Luna only gave me a startle, that's all." I keep my head held high.

"Ah I see. Well it's lovely to meet you Nova." He gives me a grin I can't quite understand.

"Please dear, call me Bella and him Phoenix. After all you and Zane are the new Alpha and soon-to-be Luna." She gives me a genuine smile and I think I really like this woman.

"Not for long."

Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me..

Here comes bozo in all her glory. Skin tight dress as red as her hair, black heels that are so thin I don't know how she's walking on them; and of course a pound of makeup.

"Gissy I suggest you don't."

Felix grabs her arm and tries to stop her with a warning growl, but she isn't having it. She pulls free of him and throws her hair behind her shoulder as she continues toward us. Bella has a look of disgust on her face. Phoenix I can't read, like usually. Zane looks pissed, as does my family. Everyone else just looks shocked.

"I Giselle Winters, daughter of former Beta Mark Winters challenge Nova Storms for the position of Luna and Zanes mate."

Zane, Felix, my brother and father all growl at this. Then Zane roars to silence everyone who has something to say. But I couldn't help but be pissed at what I heard.

"She'd be a better Luna."

"She's got every right."

"Zanes mate looks to weak."

"Yeah, but I'd still do her."

I growl lowly at the last one, and Zane thinks I'm just growling at bozo.

"Like hell you will challenge my mate! It's her spot by birth right as my moon given mate!"

Bozo scoffs "please, that little thing couldn't be Luna of this pack. Look at her, she's too weak."

I'll show you who's weak bitch.

If one of my gifts wasn't healing, even from silver; my body would be littered with scars. This bitch has no idea what she's doing. I know she's a strong warrior here, an elite even I believe. But she's still no match for me.

I rest my hand on Zanes should to calm him down. I can see his shoulders relax the moment I touch him, which sends a fire into bozos eyes.

"I accept."

Everyone gasps looking shocked, like it's a damn soap opera. My family just smiles, knowing I'll win.

"What! Nova you can't! You don't have to!"

Zane pleads with me and I'm a little hurt he's underestimating me this much. I pull my hand away from him feeling hurt, but don't let it show. I can see bozo smirking from the corner of my eye.

"Great, today five pm at the training field."

Bozo gives me what I think is suppose to be an evil smile. But she just looks constipated to me.

"I'll be there."

Is all I say giving her my own smile in return. Only mine is filled with malice. I see her face falter for a moment, panic evident in her eyes. I turn on my heels and head to back to the elevator.

I'm stuck waiting, since I can't access our floor yet. Thankfully not for long as Zane is fast behind me. He approaches me cautiously, not sure of my mood.

"You really need to add me to the scanner."

"How about we do it now. Then we can go up and talk."

"Sure, but let's get Alexa. She needs hers added too."

Zane midlinks Felix, him and Alexa arrive shortly. Alexa embraces me in a hug and Felix just sighs.

"I can't believe she did that. I'm so sorry. Had I known I'd-"

"Stop Felix. It's not your fault at all. You don't control your sister or her actions."

"I know but still, our parents didn't raise her this way. Her mate was a rogue so she rejected him, she had it in her head Zane would eventually accept her." He truly looks ashamed.

"Felix I won't kill her as long as she submits. Who knows maybe she'll find her second chance one day." As much as I hate her, I can tell it hurts him she acts this way.

"I know you'll be fine, but I'm still sorry you have to do it." my sister says.

I just laugh "I'll definitely be fine." I turn to Zane "But will it be in human form, wolf form or both?"

I can't believe I just now thought about this. All packs have different laws on challenges and how they're fought. The look on his face tells me I won't like the answer. I bet this is why he tried to stop it, he was trying to protect my secret.

"Both."

Fuck. I didn't even want this mate or this position and now I'm fighting for both.. how did this happen??

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision the main living room, but feel free to change it however you want to.
P.S: Don't forget to vote ;) more likes = more chapters!!