Chapter 10: Breakfast at the Courtyard

~•×•~

~•×•~

You woke up a little later than you usually would. Not only because you don't have lessons with Heesung but because Eli told you to sleep in before you had dinner with Heesung. You can hear laughs from the courtyard. And remembered that Heesung's cousins are here for an announcement and an audience for the training. You walk to your room's balcony and saw some royals and nobles enjoying breakfast in the courtyard. Eli have set up picnic tables and a simple grazing area for them to enjoy.

You spot Heesung talking to someone his age together with Sunoo having fun. Namjoon is busy chatting with the king while Jungkook is laughing with a smaller guy than him. This is the first time you saw Jungkook laugh and smile. You opted to walk inside and change to go help Sihyuk in the kitchen. After all, you were not used to just standing around doing nothing. You didn't notice someone

You make your way to the kitchen when a maid got ahold of you.

"My lady, his majesty is seeking for you," she said before bowing and moving away to continue what she was doing.

You wonder why but didn't hesitated to go to the courtyard. When you stepped outside, you made your way to the king who was still conversing with Namjoon.

"Your majesty," you greeted and bowed.

Taehyung faced you with a wide smile on his face. The sparkle in his eyes were comoarable to that of a fine fine jewel. Maybe it was the morning dew, or the morning sunshine but you gave him a smile as well.

"Come lady Y/n. I want you to introduce yourself to my cousins," he instructs.

You gratefully obliged and face them. "Good day my kins and royal highnesses. I am Y/n. Prince Heesung's tutor," you smiled and gave a full bow.

Everyone seemed very pleased to meet you epsecially the prince Jungkook was talking to. He came all the way to you from his spot and took your hand, his lush lips touched the back of your hand and looked up at you.

"Pleased to meet you lady Y/n. I am prince Jimin from the Eastern Kingdom," his smile is beaming. The crooked front tooth adding a flare of charm to his soft but sharp features.

"The pleasure is all mine your highness," you compliment back.

Jungkook watched you with keen eyes. What is it with you that even his picky cousin got interested. Jungkook remembered Jimin only sitting back with Jungkook on every gatherings just because he's too uninterested in conversing with people. But now, he acts the complete opposite. Jungkook's brow raised, his tongue pokimg the inside of his cheek.

All the while, Taehyung is watching with pride as you converse with some of their friends and cousins who came here to be an audience. Taehyung's eyes sparkle at how delicate you look. You wore a simple blush dress that touches the ground. A delicate neckline and a flowy sleeve that accentuated your decletage. He watch your every wavy hair fall and move as you cover your mouth to laugh.

So beautiful

He mutters under his breath. Namjoon heard it but didn't react instead, he smiled and nodded, agreeing to his king. Meanwhile, Heesung is silently raging beside Sunoo.

"What seems to be the problem your highness?" Sunoo asked him.

Heesung snaps out of it and faced Sunoo. He reminds himself that he shouldn't be acting this way towards his tutor. The way he shakes his head made Sunoo snicker. He has seen a lot of men act like that around his sister. He himself acknowldeges that you are beautiful that's why the king of......

Sunoo looks away.

Painful memories should stay in the past. He again reminds himself.

"Is lady y/n really your sister? You don't resemble him in anyway," Heesung teases.

"Listen your highness, I might forget that you are a royal," Sunoo play warns.

Him and Heesung has been hanging out since Heesung is also needed to take lessons of medicine to Namjoon. He has gone so accustomed to Heesung's teasing that he teases the young prince as well. Sometimes pulls pranks on Namjoon.

Eli has excused you. She needs all the help she could get at preparing the feast for lunch at the grand dining hall. You excused yourself and starts walking away with Eli.

Taehyung follows you with every step you take until you were out of his sight.

"So smitten aren't we?" Jungkook comments beside the king.

Taehyung snickers. His smile reaches his eyes and Jungkook can see that his smiles are genuine.

"She'll be the future queen of this kingdom," he whispers to Jungkook.

Jungkook rolls his eyes and pats the back of his king.

"We'll see about that," Jungkook mutters.

Taehyung blows his comment away and walks to Heesung to start their training.

Namjoon nears Jungkook.

"Your highness," Namjoon greets.

Jungkook bows to him.

"Brother, it is only the king that needs that addressing," Jungkook reprimands.

Namjoon smiles and nods.

"I have a favor to ask you," Namjoon asks.

Jungkook nods in encouragement for him to continue.

"We weren't able to obtain the medicines in the trades from our last travel. Those are rare medicines and it's only traded overseas. I'm afraid I would have to ask you to go to Welves. It's something the kingdom needs,"

Jungkook nods in understanding.

"I see your dilemma there brother. Is there a target quantity we need to buy?"

"Just a couple of thousands. They're stored in small vials. Our kingdom is the largest, we need to obtain it before famine. I heard the Northern Kingdom is planning to ambush the coming exports here in the lands. We better go before they do something unimaginable,"

The general can feel Namjoon's worry. The kingdom has been counting in more sick villagers in every municipals and it's what the king has been watching closely than ever. The north has been a long time enemy. No one knew what is beyond their walls but the king who recently died. Rumors has said that the sickness came from them and that the reason why the king died was because of that.

It was a rumor. But no one really dared to go sneak in since no one wants war. The only royal everyone knows from the north besides the king was his only son, Prince Yoongi. Who is now believed crowned last year.

"Alright, we'll set the date after this training then," Jungkook agrees.

"Thank you general for being a great help,"

Jungkook only answers him with a thread of teasing and soon they fell into a comfortable silence as they watch Jimin play his flute for the king.

•••