Chapter 46 - The Demons pt. 2

(E/c) eyes slowly opened but closed again at a bright light that shined down at her. She used an arm to block the light while moaning at the throbbing sensation in her head. 'What happened...?'

    Her eyes started to adjust and her vision cleared, seeing that the light was coming from a lamp hanging over her. She looked around the unknown room she was in. Everything was... clean? Not trashed up or damaged in some way. She can see shelves stocked with items and supplies that looked medical. Even a working computer that only had one crack across the screen. (Y/N) went to sit up but was prevented from doing so by something holding her right arm down.

'What?' She turned to look, seeing a belt that kept her wrist bound to the table. It was a medical table with more belts but only her right wrist was tied down. She also wasn't wearing her parka anymore but she wasn't shivering. The room was pretty warm and she could hear a vent blowing the warm air inside right behind her. Her upper arm was wrapped in bandages and covered with a black bandanna. The entire arm felt completely numb, she could barely move her fingers.

    Then her memory came back. The demons, the wolves, the bite, getting knocked out. They took her. She got kidnapped again!

     Groaning, she turned on her side and used her left hand to unlock her right. 'Why do I keep getting into these situations?'

     Even though it was just a belt, whoever tied her down made sure she couldn't get out. The belt was extremely tight that she couldn't move the metal through the hole. She tried pulling at it to loosen it up but that also didn't work. She looked around for her knife but her backpack was nowhere in sight. Now she was starting to panic. If she doesn't have her knife, how was she supposed to get out and defend herself from demons?! It's surprising how they didn't kill her on the spot. Why would they go through the trouble of taking her?

    Do Ki and Akai know about this? She can imagine that they're raising hell trying to find her now. What about Yama, is he alright? She heard the gunshots but didn't see him since he told her to run.

'I need to find them!' She thought as she grabbed the belt and started trying to pull it loose. There were unknown, and likely unfriendly, demons around that are keeping her hostage. She didn't know why but she wasn't going to stick around to find out.

    Just as the belt started getting loose and her hopes went up, the door to the room opened and (Y/N)'s eyes immediately locked with warm brown ones. Her eyes widened the more she looked and her left hand dropped.

    The owner of the brown eyes was also surprised. Not because (Y/N) was a human but because she was trying to free herself with an injured arm.

    It was a woman. She was short in height with dark skin and a shaved head. She wore a white shirt with beige cargo pants, black boots, and a dark leather satchel was resting on her hip. She looked around the same age as (Y/N), maybe a bit older. The woman looked human but there have been demons who looked human too.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt you." She held up her hands but (Y/N) still didn't trust her. She kept her mouth shut and her eyes on the woman, making it clear that she had her guard up.

"I'll let you go. But you'll need to answer a few questions first." The woman walked over to a desk and placed her satchel on top. She opened a drawer and pulled out a plain grey knife. (Y/N) tensed up at it and the woman noticed. "I'm not going to stab you, that's not my job. I'm the nurse who treated your arm."

"Where am I?"

"So she does have a voice!" The woman chuckled before also pulling out a small device from the drawer. (Y/N) didn't recognize it, it looked pretty outdated. The woman came over and leaned against the table with her arms crossed but the device pointing towards (Y/N). "I'll ask some questions first then I'll let you ask some. Afterward, I'll let you out if I think you're not a threat." She spoke quickly and professionally but with a humorous tone added.