Chapter 3 - Masks and souls

"My uniforms are here!!!" You gasp excitedly. "Oh how I wish I didn't need to go undercover..."

"You like the black uniform better?" Your bond transforms, and you gasp.

"PUT SOME CLOTHES ON-"

"I'm literally a regular human being in this form." Your bond grumbles, and he puts his uniform on. "Why? You simping?"

His hair is orange, and his eyes hold a flame brighter than the sky. He's significantly taller than you, and he's kind of a pain in the ass. But to be fair, you were the one who created him.

"Fifi."

"It's Helios while in this form."

"Helium." You snicker.

"Yirium Nitrogen." He smirks at you.

"YOU DID NOT-" You gasp offendedly.

"Ignoring that, how'd you get me a uniform?"

"I told my sister my bond needed a uniform." You hum. "You know? How you have a humanoid form?"

"Actually, I'm curious about that dragon girl. She seems to have her natural form as a dragon instead of a humanoid." Helios checks the uniform's sizing on him, and he hums. "It fits me."

"Well, some things are just weird," You hum. "Androgynous"

Your form changes, and your body slims into one of a model. Your facial shape stays the same, and you slip the mask on.

"Shall we go?"

"Let me change." The bird transforms back, and he lands on your shoulder. Better?

"Change back." You hum. "I don't want a bond while being Mask."

He obeys and stays behind.

"Hide yourself, I want you following behind me instead."

"Of course."

You walk through the halls, making your way to the room.

"Are you part of the disciplinary committee too?"

It's Arthur.

Dear Lord, I am so sorry for yelling at you yesterday.

You nod.

He opens the door, and a lion roars in your face.

Sylvie scratches the lion, and you sigh.

"Well, that sure didn't go as planned." A blonde-haired boy walks behind the animal.

"I take it as an elaborate plan to test how thick our skin was?"

"Oh, you're the masked member the director was talking about!" The boy smiles at you, and you nod. "And it seems that you're the interesting one Director Goodsky picked up."

His vibes are off.

Don't need to tell me twice.

You nod, and the boy raises a brow.

"Not much of a talker?"

You nod again.

"Then... did you get into here through connections?" He hums. "Blood doesn't lie."

"What?" Arthur raises a brow.

"Just an old saying." He smiles and holds out his hand. "Anyway, my name is Kai Crestless, a fourth year student. You can just call me Kai, though."

Is he our ticket in?

Yes, he is.

"Arthur Leywin. Pleased to make your acquaintance."