Chapter 50 - The Fishing Trip

"And you said that it showed you images of your deceased mother? Hmm... sounds like some sort of telepathy... Could have some lasting effects as well." Fate pointed her pen at (Y/N) that she previously tapped on her lips as she thought. "Do you feel any different since then?"

"No." (Y/N) shook her head. "I felt incredibly tired at the time but afterward, I was fine."

    It's been a few days since (Y/N) was taken by the Outsiders and since the deal was made between them and her demons. Her arm has healed up a bit since then but it was still sore. Fate's had to change the bandages twice but luckily, the wound wasn't getting infected with all the disinfectant she's been using. But the more her arm got better, the more her nerves went up. Knowing that when Fate gives the all clear, she'll have to go back out there... go back to them.

    The two ladies were in Fate's room inside the infirmary. The nurse offered (Y/N) a spare cot to sleep on instead of the medal table back in the room she woke up from and a place to shower, the water was a bit cold but she didn't complain at all, happy to get clean from all the trouble she has faced. They were eating breakfast and (Y/N) almost shed a tear at the taste of eggs, chicken, and a mixture of vegetables with a tall glass of purified water. It felt like forever since she's had food that she used to eat. Not deer or whatever bird that unfortunately flew by.

    Fate had also given (Y/N) spare clothes to sleep in while her's were being washed. It was just some old sweats and a t-shirt Fate had stolen from one of her exes. Fate said that (Y/N) could keep it if she wanted. She was going to burn it anyway.

     As they talked, (Y/N) learned that Fate has been studying demons herself. She has a bookshelf dedicated to journals full of all the information she has acquired including some samples of blood in jars, sawed off horns, and even other parts like eyes, teeth, and... more grotesque things. She and a team have been studying off of the corpses of demons the scavengers killed and brought back. (Y/N) was surprised by this, mostly about the information they had learned. They had as much knowledge of demons as the labs, if not more. The only difference is, they've never had any live specimens. It's too much of a risk to bring a demon into their community without any proper places to hold them, which they currently don't have.

"Sounds like this I9 thing is pretty strong. Being able to fuse limbs together, possess minds, and be telepathic. We haven't come across any demons like that."

"I haven't heard of any demons like that." (Y/N) shuddered. I9 was special indeed but not in a good way.

    Fate leaned forward from her desk towards (Y/N) who was on her bed with her second bowl of food. "You think it'll really come here?"

    (Y/N) choked. Fate had the most hopeful smile on her face and it was obvious she wasn't joking. "W-What?!"

    Fate patted her back. "You said it's coming after you, right? If it does show up, my team and I can study it!"

'Is this woman insane?!' What happened to not bringing any attention to the community? Letting I9 come here would result in slaughter and (Y/N) couldn't let that happen. "No! You don't know how dangerous it is! It'll kill you all with no problem!"

    Fate stared at the woman before breaking out into small chuckles. "Yea, that won't happen. Not with the weapons we have."

"What weapons? Those guns you took from Capturers? Those won't work."

"Nuh-uh! We have bombs!" Fate made 9explosion sounds with her mouth and gesture with her hands. (Y/N) tilted her head while looking confused. Even bombs didn't sound powerful enough to take down I9.