A Little Like You: Peter Parker x Teenage!Reader

YN laughed as one of her friends made a joke, her hair falling into her face. Her chuckles made her shoulders shake, her head tipping back.

"So, when are you going to ask her out?" Peter jumped, his head snapping to the voice beside him.

"What?" He asked, eyes wide and innocent.

"YN?" MJ snickered, wiggling her eyebrows. "When are you going to ask her out?" Peter cleared his throat, looking down to his tray as he picked at his food with a fork.

"Uh, never." He said, shaking his head. "She's not interested in me." MJ raised a brow, leaning back in her chair with a smug grin. "What? She literally calls me dude, MJ."

"Whatever you say, Parker." She chuckled, looking back over to the other girl as she flicked her gaze away from the two of them.

YN clenched her fists beneath the table, the constant shake of them getting on her nerves. "YN, you alright?" YN looked over to Liz who smiled at her.

"Yeah, sorry. I've been a little out of it." Liz giggled, nodding her head.

"That much was obvious." She said. "Anyway, you still coming to my party tonight?" YN swallowed, licking her lips. "Don't flake on me again, YN." YN sighed, nodding her head.

"I'll be there." Liz grinned, getting to her feet.

"Great, see you there." YN remained sitting at the table, looking down at her trembling hands. Her ears started ringing and the girl gasped, looking around the cafeteria. Suddenly, her eyes were locked onto curious brown, Peter's eyebrows furrowed.

Jumping to her feet, YN raced out of the cafeteria, lifting her hands to her ears to try and block out the constant whirring in her head. She stumbled into the girl's bathroom, slamming the door closed and flicking the lock.

She tripped over her feet to get to the sink, turning on the faucet and letting the sink fill. Leaning over the basin, YN whimpered, her knees buckling as she tried to keep herself upright. "Not here, not here." She chanted, trying her best to keep herself under control.

A knock on the door made her lose focus, a pained cry leaving her mouth as she fell to her knees. "YN?" Peter's voice confused her, making the girl slip underneath the sinks and curl into a ball. "YN? Are you in there?"

"Go away." She choked out, whimpering as another tremor rocked her body. YN looked to her hands, noticing the electricity sparking at her fingertips. "Please." She whispered, closing her eyes as her skin started to prick with energy.

She felt her whole body start to vibrate with electric waves, the room starting to shake. "What's going on in there?" Another voice said, this one female and authoritative.

"Miss. Harris. It's YN, I don't know what's happening." YN sobbed, praying to whomever she could think of that the episode would pass before anyone could enter the bathroom. YN bit her lip to repress another cry, the hairs on her body standing on end.

Suddenly, with an agonizing yelp, the lights in the room blew and YN sighed in relief as the painful attack passed. The door busted open as three teachers fell in, their eyes scanning the room.

Peter stood in the hall with Ned and MJ, the three of them watching with concern as YN was assisted out from below the sinks and back to her feet. "Miss. YLN, are you okay?" YN nodded, rolling her shoulders and adjusting her jacket.

"I'm sorry, I just had a minor panic attack." Peter frowned, looking up to the ceiling where the lights had exploded.

"Are you okay now, or would you like to go see the nurse?" YN locked eyes with Peter, his expression making YN falter.