Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The bedroom is cloaked in darkness when Kyan finally stirs from his drunken slumber. He turns to look at the time that is blinking at him on his digital clock on his bedside table. 4:43 that's the time that stares back at him.

Letting out a loud groan at the pain that is pulsing through his head he notices the full glass of water and bottle of pills placed carefully beside his clock and remembers to thank his best friend when he's over his hangover. He quickly takes four of the white pills and downs the whole glass of water as if he hasn't had anything to drink in weeks. He still feels thirsty after finishing the glass, but doesn't have the energy to get out of bed to refill it.

Instead, he just places the empty glass back onto his bedside table and snuggles back into the soft comforter that he is cocooned inside of. He quickly is able to fall back into a slumber, without any difficulties.

The balloon is heavy in his hand, red and filled with ice cold water.

The lighting is intense and bright. The temperature is rather chilly, even with the baggy sweatshirt he's wearing. The item practically swallows even his tall and lanky form. He wears a pair of black skinny jeans that fit him almost like a second skin and his signature pair of black converse.

Gin stands beside him snickering as the two of them are stood at the top of the stairwell that Kyan instantly realizes is the one from their middle school.

Kyan remembers this day from his childhood rather clearly. He remembers the way he and Gin had planned their revenge on a specific teacher that they had an obvious dislike for. He remembers sneaking this same water balloon into the boy's restroom on the second floor as Gin kept watch as he filled the rubber item with the coldest water that he could get from the tap.

He remembers slipping the balloon into the giant front pocket of his favorite sweatshirt. Nobody was any the wiser since he wore that same baggy sweatshirt just about every day he actually managed to show up for school.

He also remembers what happens in just a few minutes, and his heart starts to beat almost out of his chest at the guilt he feels even now about the turn of events that happened that day. Even after all the years that have passed since it has occurred.

He remembers who their main target was back then.

Mr. Jones was a middle aged man with a balding head and greying hair. He was the strictest out of all the teachers in the whole school. He was all no-nonsense and stern, hating when students would joke around or not take things seriously.

The pair of troublemaking best friends was an obvious target for this teacher. The man was always finding reasons to give the two of them detention. They did make it rather easy most days though. They were always pulling pranks like this one, and skipping class whenever they didn't feel like attending.

They definitely weren't honor students like Mr. Jones expected the whole student body to be. Far from it actually.

The two friends had been watching the teacher's daily routine for a while up until that point. Learning the best places to avoid, during which periods so that they wouldn't get caught and given yet another detention. That's how they knew that the man took this exact same stairwell around this period of the day and were anxiously waiting for his appearance.