Love Can Stop Someone From Doing What They Have To Do

Abrelle's POV

I hold the article in my hand as I storm down the hallway. 

Oh, are they going to hear it?! I cannot believe they thought they'd get away with this. 

Don't automatically expect the worse, Noah would say.

"Hello," a dark-haired secretary smiles at me. "Do you have an appointment to see Mr.Stone?" 

"I'm Abrelle Louise," I tell her. "He's expecting me." 

"I will let him know you're here," she says and I nod as she picks up her office phone. "Good evening Mr. Stone. Abrelle Louise is here. . .of course, he says you can come in." 

"Thank you," I say and make my way towards the office door.

"Ms. Louise," Kyle smiles smugly as I come into his office. "I'm glad to see you." 

Stephan is already here, sitting directly across from Kyle Stone. 

"Don't be," I say curtly. "You might want to call Elliot Stone. I think it's best if everyone is here." 

"Already did," he says and he seems nervous by my cold demeanor. He should be.  

"Would you like to take a seat," he gestures for a chair directly next to Stephan. 

"I'd rather stand," I say as I look around his office.

 No decorations or photographs anywhere. The only color in place is black making his office seem cold and empty. 

"What was so urgent?" Elliot says as he walks in and immediately he looks directly at me. "Abrelle." 

"Mr. Stone," I say breaking the eye contact. 

"Ms. Louise," he says and I can tell he's annoyed at me. I know he hates that I don't call him Elliot and that's exactly why I do it. He takes a seat next to Stephan. 

"I'm guessing you're here to finalize the contract," Stephan says with a bit of pride and arrogance in his voice.  

"No," I shake my head and I can see he's surprised by my response. "L&F's Inc. will not be signing this contract."

"Wait," Elliot gives me a concerned look. "Why not? We'd be giving more people access to food Abrelle." 

"Right," I scoff as I hand each of them the article I printed out. "From a company that doesn't care enough to check their food before handing it out." 

"Ms. Louise," Kyle says as he puts the article down. "I've talked to Hans Inc. about this. An internal investigation was done and those responsible paid the consequences. They-"

"Of course, you knew about this," I scoff the anger visible in my voice. "This isn't a case of a few rotten apples. This company was negligent and people died.

"Abrelle," Stephan stands up and makes his way toward me. "You can't let this deter you from the contract. It's a good opportunity for everyone." 

"No," I tell him and he's taken back from the sternness in my voice. "I will not be responsible for the death of anyone. This company was negligent and allowed people to die because they couldn't care to invest in proper packaging. L&F's Inc. will not sign any agreement with a company like that, ever.

I look over at Elliot, but he's busy reading through the article. I can see his brows furrow as he goes through the pages and he shakes his head. 

He didn't know. I mean, he's acting as if he had no idea. 

Maybe he doesn't know, Noah would suggest, but I push away my thoughts. 

"Ms. Louise," Kyle stands up and I can tell there's desperation in his voice. "If you could-"