ā†³ Eight

⌕ 𝟴. 𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗡𝗦

❝Darting eyesI feel the heat rise up to my cheeks❞

❝Darting eyes
I feel the heat rise up to my cheeks❞

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

Y/N RAISED her head up, her eyes making eye contact with a random student that was probably a few years under her. "May I borrow this book?" He asked, showing her a thick book which was all about the basics of Computer Science. Y/n nodded her head and grabbed the book from the younger student, opening it to stamp it on the first page. "Your ID, please?" Y/n asked the boy. "Oh right, sorry," He apologised, taking his identification card from his neck.

The camera-loving girl reached out for his ID, scanning it on the scanner. The PC showed the profile of the younger student, showing that he was allowed to borrow some books unlike some other students who were banned from going into the library. A paper was being processed and soon it was finished, Y/n began filling the paper up. Signing her signature on the very end of the paper form, she glanced at the blonde boy.

"Okay, Mr. Harold, please do not lose this form. In case you will lose your book, this will be a requirement when you need to pay for it back," Y/n explained to the foreign-looking student. "Will do, Ms. Librarian, thank you," He nodded his head after he managed to grab the form and the book from her. Y/n has been on library duty for a few days now after Ying gave off the duty she was supposed to be assigned for.

Everything had been working well, although it required some social interaction with people she was still relieved that it had to be the students who need to approach her instead of the other way around. She sat on the office chair, waiting for another student to approach her. It didn't took a while for her to wait since a student came in, 2 books on her hand.

It turned out to be an upperclassman Y/n recognized. Her raven hair was tied up into a ponytail with it swaying side to side as she walked her way towards the young photographer. "Oh, hey, Y/n! You're on duty? I thought you're not a student librarian anymore," the upperclassman, Dia Goh, questioned her with widened eyes. "I wasn't but, I had to fill in for Ying. She's part of the training for the sports festival," she responded, receiving the books from Dia.

"Ohh... okay then, I just came to return these books I borrowed last week. I kinda lost my textbooks so I needed to borrow those because of the monthly exam," Dia sheepishly answered. "Right... Dia Goh... you borrowed 3 books?" Y/n asked the older girl. "Oh right... about that... I kinda forgot the other one at home hahaha..." the raven haired student sheepishly answered her. Y/n sighed at this and shook her head at this behaviour.

"I'll bring it next week, don't worry!" Dia waved her hands off, gesturing for the (h/c) haired girl to not worry about anything. "It's okay, I understand. You still got until the end of the month though," Y/n nodded her head in understanding. "Alright, thank you, Y/n," She beamed off before leaving the library to go back to her classroom. It was Friday afternoon so there were many vacant classes, students were able to continue their clubs activities, trainings and other more things to do.