24. Shirt

Neither of them had a peaceful sleep thinking about the long distance that's coming their way and so woke up early.

After getting freshen up and having lemon tea, he said "I'll leave Nandu...Need to check last minute preparations..."

She didn't say anything but sat silently and he nudged her saying "Hey...Miss Architect...Even you have to go to office right...!?"

He said and she still sat silently. He sighed and took his hoodie but before he could wear it, she hugged him tightly and he kissed on her visible hickey.

Being still in his hold, she said "I'll come to airport with you..."

"No Nandu" He said almost instantly as if he has prepared the answer beforehand. She parted herself to look at him, still wrapping her hands around his waist.

"Please" She pleaded with tears and he closed his eyes to control himself.

"Please Nandu...No..." He said cupping her face.

She moved away and looked down before asking "Please...I'll stand far away...Let me come Please..."

"I said No" He said in a louder tone that she was never used to, making her flinch a little. He took a deep breath and took her into his arms again before saying "Nandu...Try to understand...Even if you stand far away, I can't go peacefully...I mean it'll be hard for me to not to come near you and I don't want us to get snapped...Please..."

She nodded in agreement and wiped her tears. She thought for a second and went inside to bring his shirt which he left on his first visit to her place, that she washed and kept neatly.

"The one you are wearing is not nice...Wear this..." She said forwarding the washed one to him.

Though he understood that she was doing it on a purpose as she is not a girl who complains on anyone's outfits, especially him, he didn't say a word but changed into the other shirt and handed over the one he is wearing, to her.

He moved towards the door and pecked on her forehead before leaving and she tried to concentrate on her daily routine and headed to office.

In the afternoon,

Cabir came to her office and called her to meet her outside her office.

"Bhai..." She smiled and he smiled back forwarding few papers to her.

Doubting that she will question, he was worried on what to answer but she simply signed the papers even without reading when he asked her to sign them.

"Little one...You didn't question or read them...??" He asked taking back the papers.

"He said not to ask any questions" She said making him smile and he ruffled her hairs before leaving.

Soon it was evening and Manik headed towards airport where he got snapped by few people and regular media and the pictures started floating in twitter and everywhere.

He entered inside the airport, took his boarding pass and sat waiting for his flight. He checked the time and texted her if she has reached home or not and when she replied, he quickly dialled her.

"Hey...What's up...?? Howz your day...??" He asked once she answered.

She sadly smiled seeing his shirt laying on the couch from the morning and took it into her hands while going into the bedroom and answered "Nothing much...Routine...Work...Presentations and all..."

"Hmmm...I have taken the boarding pass...Waiting for the flight..." He said.

"Okay...And yeah Cabir bhai came to office to take some signatures..." She said and he just said "Okay"

"You were right..." She said scrolling through his pictures.

"About...??" He asked unsure of her statement.

"Getting snapped at airport..." She said and he chuckled.

They spoke for some time and exchanged safety measures to each other before hanging up the call as it was nearly his boarding time.

Few minutes before his boarding started, he has gone through few tweets under his hashtag.

'#ManikMalhotra is travelling'

'Happy Journey #ManikMalhotra'

'But where is he heading to??? #ManikMalhotra'

'And now, where is his mystery girlfriend?? #ManikMalhotra'

'Might be sleeping after sending him off...Lol...#ManikMalhotra'

That particular tweet caught his eye and a mischievous smile spread on his face. He immediately quote retweeted it saying 'Or...Might be missing me already by hugging my shirt... :P'

And just like that, the tweet went viral, spoiling his fans' sleep once again.

Getting the notification of his tweet, she opened wondering what he has tweeted right before entering into the flight.

Her eyes bulged in shock reading his tweet, not because he has indirectly accepted the 'mystery girlfriend' but because he has actually predicted it right about what she was doing.

She was actually hugging his shirt close to her heart and was using her mobile. She smiled to herself thinking of his naughty smile after doing such thing to spoil his fans' peace.

Though miles apart, it was the magic they created among themselves to easily decipher what the other was feeling at the moment.

Ignore mistakes...