Chapter : 26

Something Different

"I swore to not let anyone come near you. I swore to him that I'll make you MINE."
Vasudha hurriedly opens her eyes again. Everytime she closes them she hears these lines, that too in Danuj's voice. The dream seems so prominent, so real to her that for a time being she considered thinking that she might have actually heard him uttering those words, but she's thankful that she knows that man well enough to ignore that thought immediately. Why would he say something like that? It makes no sense.

Standing infront of the huge window she takes in a deep breath. The view outside is enchanting. The huge and old banyan trees, the setting sun, the slightly cloudy atmosphere, the endless greenery, attracts her. This is the first time after so long that she finds something good enough to cherish. The rainy season is about to pass soon. The light coldness in the weather reminds her of her father and her brother. None of them are good with winter and both of them tend to get sick easily. Although her brother might have gotten used to with the season changes by now, due to working outside alone for so many years, but her father is already sick. Her eyes tear up thinking about what he might be going through there. She misses him, she misses her brother.

A light knock on her door brings her out of her thoughts. She immediately wipes her tears as she moves to the door. She opens the already unlocked door expecting Ojas, but her face falls the moment she sees Maya standing at her door.

"Hello there, Va-su-dha!" Maya says sarcastically.

"Hello to you too Maya." She replies, plainly.

"I don't even know what am I doing here. Let's come straight to the point. What did D' tell you? Do you know why he's keeping you here?" Maya asks crossing her hands over her chest.

"Let's be honest, if I knew I would've never told you but because I actually don't know that attitude doesn't make any sense anymore, does it?" Vasudha replies pursing her lips.

"What do you mean by that? I hate these rhetorical answers. Come to the point." She asks impatiently.

"I don't know. Even I am trying to search for the reason. I know there has to be something. But he is not willing to tell me." Vasudha says, shrugging.

"Wow that's even better. This man, my goodness, will make me insane." Maya talks more to herself. Although Vasudha tries hard to stifle a laugh but it eventually becomes visible.

"Smile, smile as much as you want, girl. You have no idea who you are dealing with and what might happen to you and your family at the end. I wish all of you have a long and prosperous life." Saying so she turns around to leave but not before she hears Vasudha's voice uttering, "Valuable advice Maya. Thank you so much, I'll keep that in mind." She immediately glares back but doesn't bother answering her anymore.

¤¤¤¤¤

"So how was it?" Nihal asks. He and Vasudha are sitting on the sofa in the hall. Although Vasudha had no interest but she was almost forced to watch "Final Destination". Because when she got down she found him watching it already.

"The movie? Terrifying." She responds nonchalantly.

"Not the movie, I was asking about your encounter with the Devil." He clarifies, chuckling at how he addressed him.

"You called him that? I declare you as my most precious confidante from tonight. And also, that man is an asshole." She says casually.

"I can't agree more." Nihal admits while laughing. "However, what's the time?" He asks, suddenly turning a little serious.

"Eleven already. What about dinner? And where is Mr. D' ?" She asks finding his behavior a little fishy.

"He went out to handle a.. umm.. an emergency meeting. Are you hungry? I can easily order something." Nihal offers.