26.

TW: mentions of physical/emotional abuse and sexual assault (unwanted touching)

Penelope.

I smoothed over my dress when I entered the lawyer's office. Amanda Schaeffer seemed to be an independent lawyer, working in the office of her father, who was Elliott Schaeffer. I hadn't heard of either of them, but he was apparently quite well known for his work as a divorce lawyer.

I nervously continued to tuck pieces of hair behind my ear, fiddling with my right earring and the ring on my finger as I waited to be buzzed up. It was a gorgeous townhouse in central London, not too far from the Vivienne Westwood office.

After Harry had dropped me off at my car and hastily took off to be on time for work, I drove home. I had tiptoed down the driveway in his fuzzy socks, being met with Katie on the couch while Dave was off to work as well. I had briefly explained the situation to her since she obviously saw I wasn't in my own clothes, and before I knew it I was spilling every single detail about what happened in the shower.

I was giddy and excited about it, and I wanted to share with my best friend. Just like she had shared every single detail about sleeping with Liam the weekend before. I had to rinse my ears out with holy water after that, and I definitely didn't give as many graphic details as her. Some things I liked to keep private, just for Harry and I. I would be horrified if he went into detail about my body to some of his friends.

Once I had showered, all the nerves were back that Harry had so expertly made me get rid off via orgasm. Katie noticed my short breaths and my trembling hands as I continued to sip on coffee even though it would only raise my anxiety more. I had to make it a point to get some decaf coffee soon, since I felt the effects of usual coffee without even drinking it these days.

It was a clear sign of my anxiety for me since I usually had no issues with that.

I left well on time for Amanda Schaeffer's office and wanted to make a good impression, so I dressed the part. I was in my work attire, wearing a long sleeved wrap dress that reached a little above my thighs. It showed two of the more prominent bruises once I sat down, the dress riding up a little to reveal the two purply-green stripes on my thighs. It was a little covered up for me, and usually I kept outfits like these for very professional meetings. This felt appropriate since it was feminine yet modest and mature.

A male voice let me up, and I took the elevator to the second floor where I was met with a front desk.

The man behind it got up to his feet, wearing a dress shirt with rolled up sleeves. He approached me with an extended hand, "Hi, I'm Nick. We spoke on the phone."

"Penny," I smiled as I introduced myself and shook his hand, "Nice to meet you." He had a firm grip that cut off the blood circulation to my hand, and felt relief when he let it go.

"Amanda is right through that door. Would you like something to drink? Coffee or tea or something?" Nick asked as he led me to the wooden doors.

"Coffee please. No milk, no sugar." I shot him a polite smile as he opened the door for me, and I slid my bag from my shoulder as my heels clicked on the dark tiled floors of Amanda's office.

She had her nose buried in some papers, but her head shot up when I walked in, "Hi, come on in. Amanda Schaeffer, nice to meet you."

"Hello, I'm Penny Warren." I shook her hand too as she motioned for me to sit down before glancing at Nick, "Another coffee for me too, please. And Penny, do you mind if Nick joins us?"

I flicked my head to her associate, "No, of course not."

They shot each other a nod and I sat down on one of the cushioned seats in front Amanda's large desk. She folded her arms over her closed laptop and looked at me intently, "So, while Nick gets us some coffee... Did you bring your court date invitation?"