thirty seven

"Daloni you're staying here, I will be right back." Heaven groaned, trying to leave out the door. She was about to go get Solana and pick up a few more things, but of course Daloni wouldn't let her leave.

Daloni had stayed up the whole night prior so it was obvious he was just sleepy, and wanted to be near Heaven. Heaven tried to put him to sleep but as soon as he heard the door open, he woke up and ran to Heaven.

"Mommy, me too." Daloni cried, holding on to Heaven's legs.

Jayda, Anthony and Zylin had already arrived for Solana's small little party, and they agreed to stay and make sure the food arrived and the cake.

"Papa please baby, I have to go." Heaven groaned, looking at the time on her apple watch. Solana was getting discharge in five minutes and she lived thirty minutes out of Chicago, so it would take her some time to get to the city.

"Tired." He whined.

Heaven sighed lightly and picked him up walking to the garage. She opened the backseat and buckled him in, making sure to give him his cup of milk. Once he was secure she jogged to the driver's side, got in, and started the car so that she could leave.

Daloni's cries got lighter lighter while he drunk from his cup and played with his curls. Heaven looked in the rearview mirror catching Daloni look at her, making her chuckle. "Who spoiled you?"

She went to the baby lullaby playlist on apple music and allowed for each tune to softly play throughout the car. It would put Daloni to sleep quicker, which would make her job easier.

"Damn I forgot the liquor." She cursed. She wasn't drinking tonight, but she knew Jayda and everyone else was. She had already ordered the bottles, she just needed to pick them up.

After talking to herself about how the rest of her day was gonna go, she turned the music up a little louder and entered the freeway to get to Chicago.

~

Heaven had just arrived at the mental rehab. She was currently getting a sleeping Daloni out of the backseat along with her purse. Surprisingly he didn't wake up, that's how she knew he would be sleep for a while.

She closed the doors and popped the alarm on. Solana had been discharged over thirty minutes ago, and Heaven was a little upset that she was late.

After signing her name and going through all security measures, Heaven was escorted to the checkout room to sign off on all of Solana's medications. Solana had to have an adult or guardian over the age of twenty-one manage her medications until further notice.

"If you could just sign all of these forms confirming that you will be the holder for all of her prescriptions. I also need to see your identification and get your fingerprint."

"Yes ma'am. Is it a certain time that I'm supposed to give her the medicine?" Heaven replied.

"She usually gets the depression medicine after breakfast. Under no circumstances is she allowed to have more than one. The sleeping medicine is only given as needed, she usually tells us when she needs it. The other medicines are given around noon, as long as she takes them all before the day is over."

Heaven nodded her head, making sure to keep up with every word the lady was telling her. She put her finger in the ink and held it in the scanner until it beeped.

"Her psychiatrist has her scheduled for two appointments every week. You and Solana can arrange what days work best with you schedule and then give her a call."

"Okay. Is there anything else that you think of? I want to know everything." Heaven said, signing every piece of paper.

"If you see signs of attempted suicide, do not hesitate to call us. Never approach her with false assurance. For example don't tell her that everything is going to be okay, because in the moment she doesn't think that. There's a pamphlet siting all of the do's and dont's. We recommend not leaving her at home alone for at least a month just to see how she's adjusting."