28. (*)

TW: mentions of sexual assault - lack of consent

Penelope.

"So, what should we do now that we're alone?" Harry asked the question after taking a sip of wine. He tried to look relaxed on the couch, but his eyes were wide and his legs were tense. He forced a small smile my way, "Food's going to be ready in about thirty minutes."

I could tell something was bothering him tonight, I could tell he felt... almost nervous. I didn't want to drag it out of him again, but I wished he would just talk to me. Most likely it was something he was blowing up in his head again, but I couldn't reassure him if I didn't know what was going on.

Now that we were alone, it was more obvious than ever.

I hadn't noticed it at the market, where he was touchy and teasing and cheeky as always. But when we walked in the door, his mood seemed to kind of shift. I wasn't sure if it was just due to Mitch and Sarah being here, or if there was something more going on.

The way he flinched when I touched him before, was a little hurtful but I did understand it. I had tried to hide it in my face that it surprised me a little, but we had briefly talked about it after and I did get where he was coming from. The few times he had touched me when Katie was around, had been a little awkward too. It was different than when we were alone.

We could be ourselves when it was just the two of us.

Which was now.

I looked at him over the rim of my glass, the red wine gliding down my throat smoothly, "I don't know, we could just... um... talk for a bit?

I put my glass down on the table when Harry didn't say anything and looked less then excited about that idea.

"... or not talk?" I smiled a little when I closed the gap between our lips, pressing a soft kiss down on his mouth now that there was no one watching us. They had turned a cherry colour from the red wine, looking more inviting than ever.

Harry seemed a little surprised that I had kissed him, but grasped my face between his fingers to repeat the action, making me sigh out into his mouth as I melted into him.

We sat sideways on the couch, and my hands were limply on my lap as we kissed.

The position quickly grew frustrating as I moved around, eventually sitting up and swinging one leg over his lap so I was straddling him just like I had done in the car on Monday. Harry let out a breath as his hands involuntary rested on my thighs, slowly sliding up until his palms were on my ass.

I held onto his shoulders, enjoying the fact that this position gave me some height. Harry had to crane his neck to look at me, and stretched himself to kiss me again. I teased him a little by pulling away, a small smile on my lips.

He grunted from the back of his throat, tightening his grip on my ass as he pulled me into him and our lips collided. The kiss was slow, deep and passionate, tongues rolling over one another as I tasted the wine on him and felt his whisps of hair between my fingertips.

The intensity of the kiss picked up, and I couldn't help myself as I pressed my hips into Harry's, searching for friction from all the pent up sexual frustration I felt towards him. Staring at him all evening without touching him had been hard. Especially if he looked as good as he always did. Just the idea alone that he was going out of his way to cook a meal for me, made me want to reward him.

When Harry stiffened beneath me and kind of froze, I gently disconnected our lips. I nudged my nose against his, catching my breath, "Harry, are you okay?"