Chapter XXXIII: Stranger Danger

The occasion was too beautiful to take some revenge on a certain someone. I was never the one to ruin any moments or to create nuisance. But don't count me in when someone is being an ass to me and I'll let them go. Nah, I am not that good. 

Taking this as a perfect opportunity to fetch a little, I won't call it a revenge. A retaliation, maybe. Yeah, that's what it is. 

I know, I know. The bastard’s words shouldn't affect me like this. It never has. However, when you fall for someone, pretty badly, at the same time they don't reciprocate your feelings, you take every opportunity to make them realize your feelings. And to say, he doesn't think I am beautiful. 

In the past, I wouldn't have mattered Gashmir's words. But now, he will see what he is missing. And yes, I have decided to give myself a chance. To be happy, to be in love, and to fall for my ex husband. I won't avoid him nor my feelings for him. Cause it's quite ridiculous if anyone asks me. I couldn't.

I took a sip of Mint flavored non alcoholic drink. Can't risk my plan with alcohol. I need to be aware of every single thing while I execute it. As again a bunch of people enters, who are of no use to me, I sigh.

Waiting is such a cruel task, right?! To wait until a person notices you. To wait until he takes interest in you, likes you then falls for you. And to wait for a person to execute your plan was the biggest cruelest thing ever.

The Pre Diwali celebration was quite a popular function of ours. Before Diwali vacation, our college arranges this program. It has several activities including tonight's one. Before tonight I hardly considered attending it. However, tonight is different. The DJ Night was the last function on the activity list. And in my entire college life, the only one, I was attending. 

My looks were inimitable, glorious even. Anyways I have got it done by a professional makeup artist. It's because I don't know how to do makeup. I just don't want any flaws in my appearance tonight. Afterall, I want my ex husband to notice me. No, not only notice me, but I want his full attention on me. Only me. I was that desperate.

The auditorium has transformed completely into a Pub set up for The Dj Night. I had kept an eye for every person who entered this place, only to not miss the person I was waiting for. 

When the person of interest comes into my view, my sulken mood brightens up immediately. I corrected my posture completely dawning myself into a character I wrote for myself tonight. Feigning nonchalance, I concentrated on my mint flavored drink. Giving flirtatious glances simultaneously to the unknown boys around I began my act. Though I doubt the glances were hardly flirtatious from my side, as I haven't given or considered giving it before. Whatever. Tonight I'm helpless. 

I danced mentally, when I saw The Group making their way to me. Half of the group doesn't like me, like Shesha the snake and Era, well for them the feelings are mutual. And for other half, I could say they don't mind me. Kanan and I are friends, Siddhartha and I's relationship is neutral, about my brother Yuvaan___ well I don't know where our bond stands.

"Never thought you could pull that look on," my favorite person called for me. I tried to contain my smile, at which his lips pull into a smirk. He continued, "I mean studious Keya Reddy, looking tempting tonight. Who would have guessed, huh?!"