56

Lillian's pov

I'm still fuzzy about my interaction with Lana the other day.. the woman was practically hostile when she told me to stay away from Stefani, I don't even know what the hell that was about.

She just kept running her mouth..

On the side note, maybe I should head back in and drop the good news to kent. He's been so busy lately trying to prepare for the holiday sales.

I was heading back towards to the double doors for the entrance until I came across a familiar face-

"Uh- Lillian! Hey!" The red head was shocked- more than average.

"I'm sorry, have we met?" I felt bad for not being able to recognize her. She does look familiar, just can't-

"Kent's assistant- you didn't want me taking care of Stefani's fish when she um- took a leave of absence," she nervously ran her fingers through her dark red- orange hair.. I don't remember it being this color, I thought she was naturally strawberry blonde.

It's not polite to judge, she must've gotten her hair.

"Oh- I remember! It's just the new hair look completely threw me off. Sorry!" I got excited.

"No worries! I'm sure being the boss's wife there's alot going on in your mind-especially with keeping track of who's business relations are more valuable than others," Mary held the door open for me and we found ourselves walking side by side.

"Although that does sound like a major responsibility, I think that's why kent is very reliant on Stefani since I have no business background," I shrugged and I found myself being accompanied as I head towards the elevators.

"Weren't you heading out to go do something? I don't want to keep you-besides, a little family drama isn't all that interesting," I giggled and Mary laughed along.

"Oh no worries, I'm sure kent would make it up to you," Mary's words gave me an unsettling feeling.

"I'm aware I said there is a little family drama currently stirring up but I never said that kent was the root cause of it," I gave her a careful look and I saw her skin get just as pale as her eyes.

"R-right, I'm sorry for overstepping," Mary quickly apologizes.

The elevator opens as we stand in awkward silence until- kent!

"Hey you two!" He was in complete shock.

"Hello," i chirped as I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and he pecks me a kiss. I wanted the kiss to be longer than that but I'm happy to see him..

"Uh- Mary I thought you were going to make reservations," he eyed her and she panics feverishly as she stands stiff.

"Reservations?" I grew confused. I hope I wasn't keeping him from his work.

"Right, but I wanted to escort Ms. Edwards to your office before doing so. She said it was- urgent," she explained herself and I felt Kent's shoulders stiffen as well.

"I can wait until you come home- hopefully I'm not asleep by then," I kindly break a loose from him.

There was brief moment of silence until kent spoke up again, "no, no, no. You made time for me, I'll make time for you. What's on your mind?" He places his hands around my waist showing interest.

His eyes keep averting over my shoulders, but this is important.

"I had that talk with Stefani a few days ago and she said she's willing to prepare for your early retirement," I informed him.