Ch. 35

February 17th, 2021
                                                           Memphis, TN

Key's POV

As I stepped out of the elevator onto the floor Cali's room was on, I noticed it wasn't too many people roaming the floor. I walked towards her room, and noticed two armed guards standing in front of her door.

" ID, and what's your relations to Ms. Cartier?" One of em asked me stopping me in my tracks.

" He good. He family, let him in." Trey said as he as sat in the room with Cali.

The guard nodded his head letting me through.

" You hired security?" I asked Trey as I walked into Cali's room.

" Nah, El Chapo did. I'm guessing word got back to him. I came hea, and they was standing by the door. The nurse told me somebody paid for the guards and bought out the whole floor we on." Trey said as he stood up and we dapped each other up.

" Erica nem know? Where they at?"

" Nah, but I'ma tell em I hired em. Ion need em stressing out more then they already is. They on they way up hea." Trey said.

I nodded my head as I walked over to Cali, and kissed her on the forehead.

" Have the doctor's been in here yet?" I asked him without taking my eyes off of her.

" Yeah, but ain't nun changed. She still ain't made no progress. You heard anything bout the car we look fa?" Trey asked me.

" Nah, but I got folks looking out fa that car. And any other shit that may be suspicious." I said as I rubbed Cali's hand.

Trey nodded his head, " How AK?"

" He straight. Every time I come in at night. He already be sleep, and in the morning I be leaving before he wake up. Ian really been around him like I should be." I said feeling bad.

" Don't be too hard on ya self whoodie. He only one, so he ain't gone remember this shit." Trey said.

" Yeah, but I just came by to see Cali. I gotta go handle some real quick. I'll be back in a few hours, and then you can go home. Cause I'ma spend the night with ha again." I said ignoring what he just said.

" Ight, be safe outchea. Hit me up, if you need me." He said as he dapped me up.

" Fasho." I said looked at Cali one last time before I left out the room.

I walked down to the elevator, and got in. Then, I walked to the parking lot, and got in my car. I went to my messages, and put the address that was sent to me in my GPS. It was 45 minutes away from the hospital. I fyed my blunt up as I started driving.

Once I pulled up to the apartment complex. I got out, and locked the door. I watched my surroundings as I tucked my gun in my pants. I walked towards the apartments, and surprisingly nobody wasn't standing outside.

" 4b, 5b, 6b... Here it is 7b." I said to myself.

I covered the peephole, and knocked on the door. Still checking my surroundings as I waited for an answer. I knocked again, and finally heard somebody inside the apartment.

" I'm coming, hold on."

I heard the door unlock. Once she opened the door the smile that was on her face instantly dropped. I pushed her causing her to fall back as I walked into the apartment.

" Wassup Bre. You thought I wasn't gone come holla at yo ass?" I asked as I closed the door, and locked it behind me.

" How you know where I stay? Whatchu doing here Key? You need to leave." She said.