Part 60

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

I felt some disturbance while sleeping and it broke my slumber. Opening my eyes, I looked at Mom caressing my hair. The sun was threatening to come through the translucent curtains and I got up with a pain in my neck. I frowned at Mom and looked at Shehnaaz still unconscious. I noticed but ignored the tears in Mom's eyes and caressed Shehnaaz's hair. "Sidharth," Mom said, "I'm sorry. Please, forgive me. Yesterday, for the first time I realised that there is one more woman who loves you just as much, if not more than I do. I'm really very sorry. Can you forgive me this last time? I promise, I will accept Shehnaaz as my daughter-in-law with my whole heart this time. In fact, I have already accepted her. Please, forgive me." My heart wanted to believe her. I know that she must be genuine but nothing was more important to me than Shehnaaz right now. I had to look after her. And besides, twenty-four hours are coming to an end and Shehnaaz still haven't woken up. My worry grew stronger and it gave me anxiety inside. Holding onto her hand, I spoke, "Shehnaaz, please, listen to me. Wake up. Open your eyes and look at me. Please, don't do this anymore. Stop scaring me. Wake up. I beg you, please wake up." Mom went to the other side of her bed and lovingly caressed her hair. "Shehnaaz, wake up my child. Please give me an opportunity to make up for all my mistakes and thank you for loving my son unconditionally," she said. The machine attached to her began beeping off quickly and I got up feeling confused and scared. "Doctor! Nurse! Help," I yelled running out the room. Nurses came rushing my help and looked at her. "Oh no. Her heartbeat is fastening. Quickly, go and get the doctor," one said to the other. The nurse ran out the room and the present one said, "Sir, please step outside." Mom came to me and held onto me. Looking on silently, Mom brought me outside and I looked at the doctor rushing inside.

I trembled in fear as I paced left and right outside on the corridor. Daksh came in front of me and stood up frowning. "Our friendship depends on this moment," he whispered and left me. This made my heart sink even more. One nurse ran outside quickly but before we could ask anything, she ran away. "Sid, don't worry baby. Nothing will happen to our Shehnaaz," Mom said coming to me. I looked at her with a worried frown and waited for some positive news when the doctor came out. Bending his head, he said, "It's bad." My heart sank in terror. "I'm afraid that the medicines are not being effective enough," he said, "Excuse me." As he was walking away, a nurse came running behind him exclaiming, "Doctor, hurry up. She has come around." My hope spiked up hearing this and the doctor went back inside. Coming back out after some time, he smiled and extended his hand towards me. Holding onto it, he shook my hand saying, "Congratulations. Shehnaaz is out of danger. I am sorry that I passed my judgement too early. The results are now starting to show. Good luck." He left me with tears in my eyes and my heart exploding with gratitude and happiness. Mom came and rested her hand on my shoulder. Smiling with tears glistening in her eyes, she said, "This time have been the most difficult for you. You deserve the first visit." I smiled and went inside. Shehnaaz looked at me with her eyes barely opened. I went and sat next to her. Holding her hand, I kissed her knuckles. "You got scared," she said with a hoarse voice. I closed my eyes and tears fell as I nodded. "Very," I said with my voice breaking, "Don't every do this again. You have my swear. Don't take my pain. And don't even think about embracing death to save me. This life will be useless anyways without you." 

Slowly, she began closing back her eyes and I frowned. "Shehnaaz," I said shaking her shoulder. "Don't worry sir. It's the side effects of the medicine. She will feel extremely drowsy. Nothing will happen to her now," the nurse said. I nodded and rested her hand gently down. Taking out my phone, I called Dad and gave him the news. "Ok, I'll see you in a while," I said and hang up. Turning around, I bounced into Daksh. "Daksh, Shehnaaz is all better now. At least forgive me now," I said. He pushed his hand into his pocket and pulled out an envelope. Handing it to me, he said, "I have found our solution." With that, he left me to read the letter which shooked me to the core. His resignation letter. Mom came to me and said, "Sid, I am going home. I have organised a prayer meet at home for Shehnaaz. I will also send your clothes with Daksh. You haven't changed since yesterday." "It's ok Mom. I'll come with you. Besides, Shehnaaz is sleeping tightly right now. I'll change and come back," I said. "Ok. Come," she said and we left the hospital. I wasn't too worried about Shehnaaz since I know that her capable brother is there to protect her. I drove home with Mom and went straight to my room. I took a shower and changed into some comfortable clothes to spend the day. As I was standing in front of my mirror, I noticed Shehnaaz's mangalsutra and vermillion on the dresser. Taking it, I left the room and went back to the hospital. Going into Shehnaaz's room, I saw Rohan sitting on the bed with Dad sitting on the stool. Shehnaaz was waking and was smiling and jolly. 

As her sight came to me, everyone gave me their attention. I stepped closer to her and smiled. "How are you feeling? Are you in a lot of pain?" I asked. "I'm fine. The nurse just gave me a painkiller," she said. "That means that you are in pain. Shall I call the doctor?" I asked. Rahul giggled and Dad held an amused face. "What?" I asked, "Is it a crime to care about my wife?" "Rahul," Dad said, "Looks like your brother has turned into a hopeless lover." "When I have someone like Shehnaaz to love, I don't mind being a hopeless lover," I said. I took out the vermillion and mangalsutra. Firstly, I made her wear the mangalsutra and pinched the vermillion and filled her hair. Cupping her face, I said, "That's my wife." I kissed her forehead and hugged her. Rahul joined in. "Seems like that's my cue to leave," Dad said standing up. He left the room and Shehnaaz held my hand. Frowning, she asked, "Where is Daksh? Since I got up, I haven't seen him." I frowned. Rahul pointed outside and jumped off the bed, running out the room. I frowned. "What's wrong?" Shehnaaz asked me. I gave her a fake smile and shook my head. She dropped her shoulders and as she was about to talk, the door opened and Rahul, holding onto Daksh's hand, escorted him inside. Shehnaaz looked at him and pouted childishly. "Where were you until now?" She asked. I felt so stupid for the thoughts I developed about them. "I thought it was better to leave you alone. People can misunderstand our relationship," he said bitterly looking at me. 

I lowered my eyes and fixed them on Shehnaaz. She looked at me with a hint of confusion. "Come here," she said to him. He came and stood opposite me. "Tell me, what problem do you two have now? What's the off behaviour about?" She asked. I dared not look at Daksh and my eyes gave it all away to Shehnaaz so I couldn't meet eyes with her as well. Some part of me wanted to tell her everything but my mind wasn't allowing me to. "Daksh, what happened? Why are you this quiet? Answer me," she said. "I'll just be back," I said trying to avoid this at my best and was leaving but Shehnaaz wanted otherwise. She held onto my hand and said scolded us sternly, "Now, I'm sure that there is some tension between the two of you. I am in the middle and I am feeling very uncomfortable right now so you two better sort out your mess." "Shehnaaz, you don't have to worry about me. I have never seen you more or less than a sister. If you have to solve this problem, then fix your husband's sickness thinking that..." Daksh said frustrated and stopped. "Thinking that...?" Shehnaaz asked with an arched eyebrow. "That we both are in some romantic relationship," he said. Shehnaaz's jaw dropped and she turned her head to my guilty face. "Is this true?" She asked, "Do you think that Daksh and I are...?" "My misconception is cleared. I regret deeply thinking that and I am ashamed. I have tried to apologise to Daksh but he has given me this," I said and handed her his letter. She opened it and read it's contents and looked at him frowning. "Daksh, I am not saying that Sidharth was right to think wrong about us and your sentiments are also justified. But have you thought about me? How will I feel losing my brother like this? If Sidharth is my confide then you are too. How can you so easily snatch my brother away from me? Was it really that easy to leave me with this man alone?" She asked.

I looked at her with my mouth wide open. "Hello, what do you mean?" I said. She smiled and said, "You know that only Daksh and I can tolerate you." "You tolerate me?" I asked. "What else!" She said. Looking back at Daksh, she said, "Daksh, everyone makes mistakes. We are all human. Forgive him and stay with us." He looked at me and frowned. I was not at all expecting him to give in. He came around the bed and taking me by complete surprise, he hugged me. I looked at Shehnaaz over his shoulder in shock. She smiled and signaled me to hung him back and immediately, I obeyed and hugged my brother tightly. Remaining there for a while, we broke it up and he finally smiled at me. I sighed in relief and looked at Shehnaaz. "Thank you," I said. I went to her and sat on the bed and kissed her forehead. She looked up at me and smiled. "I'm going home," Daksh said. "Why?" I asked. "Your mother called me. She said that she has some urgent work for me," he said. He was leaving I stopped him saying sternly, "Wait." He stopped and looked back at me. I stood up and went up to him. Holding the envelope containing his resignation letter, I ripped it to pieces. Handing it back to him, I said, "Resignation not accepted." He smiled and said, "See you later." I turned back to Shehnaaz as she said shaking her head, "Drama queen."

___________________

Hey guys! So, I have some sad news for you, unfortunately. I have decided to end this book with the next chapter. Dangerous Love's one year anniversary which is the 2nd of January might most likely be the last update i.e. if I complete the next chapter. I can't do this book without all the chapters. I know that it's heartbreaking to all my readers but without inspiration, I can't do it. But the good news is that I will be starting a new Sidnaaz story for you. I completely understand that if you are angry by my decision and it's justified. I'm sorry. I wish you all all the best for the new year and pray that this year brings nothing but happiness and prosperity.