𝙰𝚗𝚗𝚊𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊

Joshua felt as if his heart was ripped out of his chest. How could this happen?

He ran out in the street calling her name over and over. Dropping to his knees his hands shook vigorously.

He did want to move her, afraid that if he did...

"Someone calling a fucking ambulance!" Joshua barked out, not caring for his choice of words around the children.

"They're on their way," Maria says dropping down next to him. She held his shaking hand trying to calm him down.

"Oh, Anna." He choked out, touching her face gently. "Open your eyes beautiful." He begs, blood dripping down her forehead. He scans the rest of her physical injuries.

Her eyes start to flutter open, "Anna..." He says softly leaning down. "It....hur....hurts..." Her voice comes out raspy and pained.

Joshua couldn't hold it anymore, he broke down crying, gently stroking her cheeks. "I'm so sorry baby." He apologized over and over again.

This was all my fault.

The ambulance arrived, Joshua wiped his tears. "She's been hit by a car and landed about 6 feet away. Possible head and chest injuries and a fractured wrist are all I can make out. Get her straight to the La Cruz FL hospital."

"Yes sir."

The paramedics gently place her on the stretcher, then they quickly start tending to her and hooking her up to ivs. Quickly after they leave, rushing towards the hospital.

Maria insisted on going with Joshua to the hospital. Mainly because she felt as if he wasn't in the right mental state to drive. He reluctantly agree, and soon after they left.

𓆉

"NO ONE FUCKING TOUCH HER UNTIL WE GET A CT SCANNING." Anthony roared walking into the room.

His heart leaped in his chest seeing his sister hooked up to monitors and Ivs. "We've ordered one a few minutes ago, they're prepping the room," Mike says clicking off the breaks of the bed.

The team of doctors, nurses, Anthony, and Joshua start working as quickly as possible to find the extent of her injuries.

"Four broken ribs, a punctured lung, fractured wrist, and a slight concussion." Doctor Reece reads out, "Check any signs of internal bleeding."

"No signs of internal bleeding."

Anthony let out a breath of relief. "Okay, prep OR 6 for immediate surgery. We have a punctured lung so we have to move people."

𓆉

"Hello?"

The voice echoes around the empty room; the girl had not realized it was her voice that spoke. Nothing in the room was lit, there were no windows or doors; the room was just pitch black.

There wasn't enough light in the room for her to tell if it was just the lack of light in the room or her eyes were closed. Her head throbbed from a sudden headache caused by blinking a few times.

She reached to soothe her head, but a strange feeling swept over her; her fingers twitched at the touch of something warm and liquid. The feeling wasn't painful; it just felt familiar.

Her eyes were drawn to a door that revealed a path illuminated by flecks of light before she could understand what was happening.

Her eyes dart about the still-dark and empty room as she steps back in surprise. Many questions still occupy her thoughts,