Bonus Chapter - Time Skip

two years later

Naomi dropped the test onto the counter in shock. The little white tube clanked with the others at the bottom of her sink.

No, No. There was no way this was happening.

She and Killian had only recently started having sex, and they were careful.

A surge of panic hit her hard. What if he didn't want kids right now? They had never really talked about it.

Her stomach twisted for the second time that morning, and she covered her mouth. It was no use, and she rushed to the toilet to release the contents of her otherwise empty stomach.

She had been so sick and exhausted the last week or so. One of the pack ladies she was helping in the kitchen, quietly and discretely mentioned the word pregnancy.

And four tests later, that would seem to be the case.

She slid from her hunched position to the cold tile floor, clutching her stomach. She could feel her heart pound violently against her chest, and she put her head on her knees.

She was going to ruin everything. The last two years with Killian had been incredible, but now, everything was scary again.

"Baby?" Killian knocked on the door, startling her half to death. He wasn't supposed to be home. "I brought home lunch. Are you feeling okay?"

She dried her lone tears. "Yeah." She cleared her throat, trying to sound normal. "Yeah, I'm okay. I'll be out in a second."

She stuffed the tests in a bag and put them under the sink. She didn't know how she was going to tell him.

She expected him to be downstairs, but he was still outside the door, he pulled her into his arms.

"What's going on?" Killian whispered, using one hand to cradle the back of her head and the other rubbed her back.

A sob left Naomi's lips that she tried to muffle with his shirt.

"My poor baby. What's the matter?"

He held her tightly until she calmed down enough to speak. She opened her lips but the words wouldn't come out.

"I'm scared," she cried.

He kissed the corner of her lips. "Don't be. I'm right here."

She reached for his hand, placing his large palm against her stomach. Tears blurred her version.

Killian smiled, "What are you telling me? Are you-"

She nodded, and he brushed her tears away.

"That is fantastic news," he murmured, feeling extremely excited but trying to be sensitive to his little mate.

"It is?" she sniffled.

He brushed his lips with hers.

"The best news I've ever gotten. Imagine a little boy running around here that looked like you," he said, moving his hand back to her stomach.

Her cheeks heated and she gave a soft laugh, finally relaxing a bit. She imagined a little boy or a little girl that looked like Killian and couldn't deny the flutters of excitement. A family of her own.

"I know it's scary, Naomi," he said, kissing her again. "But I am so damn excited to have a baby with you."

"We had never discussed it before, and I was worried-"

"I know it wasn't planned, but everything happens for a reason. I love you."

"Love you more," she said, snuggling into his chest.

Nine months later, Naomi gives birth to a little boy they name Quinn.