23

Memory/Flashback: 2 Years Ago

I just got to his house with breakfast and I walk in as I always do. I've been doing it for so long I might as well live here. I'm not sure why I don't yet if I'm honest.

"Lane!" No response.

"Lane I'm here!" Still nothing.

"Lane where are you?!"

Both his vehicles are here so I know he has to be. I walk around the house looking for him. I don't find him anywhere.

Odd. Maybe he's working in the garage.

I head out to his garage to see if he's working out there. I hoped to find him, but I didn't expect to find him on his phone in hushed whispers.

"Look I'll see if I can get free later."

I wonder who that is?

"Yes. I'm sorry I'm just busy today."

Probably just a friend or family member.

"You know I want to see you too."

Maybe?

"Okay, I'll talk to you later. I love you too, bye."

Goddess Please...

I feel my heart drop to my stomach. Maybe this is why he wouldn't mark me. He didn't want me feeling him cheat on me. I walk into the garage with my head high.

"Who was that?"

He looks at me startled "Who was who?"

Don't play dumb with me jackass..

"On the phone just now. Who was that?" I stare at him.

He scratches the back of his head "Oh, yeah. That was my grandma. I'm probably gonna go see her later this afternoon. So you can't stay too long."

"If you're going to see her why can't I stay here?" I give him a questioning look.

"Because I don't know how long I'll be gone. No point in you waiting around for me all day."

I don't know if I believe him, but I want to. I love him too much to think he'd honestly do me wrong. I'm just being paranoid again.

I have to trust him.

"Okay, well breakfast is here." I give him a quick peck on the cheek.

We both walk in and I head to the kitchen to get plates ready. We sit down and eat, talking and laughing. Then we lay on the couch and watch a movie together. It turns into more as he slowly start rubbing on my body and kissing me.

We don't even leave the couch. We're so caught up in each other we make love right there. I always thought it was as good as it could get with him. I thought he was a God, like he knew me better than I knew myself.