1

I know my face claim for Ryker has no tattoos, so just try to use your imagination. I'm sure you can 😗😉

Ryker

There's a knock on the door to my office and I yell for the person to enter, knowing it must be my front desk Manager Greggory.

"What's going on G?" I ask, not moving my eyes from the schedules laid out on my desk. Greggory sits down in one of the chairs across from me, waiting for my full attention.

I sigh, and put my pen down, leaning back in my chair giving him the eye contact he always demands. Most of my employees are too terrified to look me in the eye, but not him. It's not that I'm a tyrant boss, I'm just introverted and quiet. So take that personality, and add in the fact that I'm 6'4, well built and have tattoos, I don't really give off warm and fuzzy vibes. When I'm at work I'm all business. And for the past few years, I'm always at work.

I want to grow a fitness empire and I feel like I'm well on my way now that I've got my gym here in Seabrook, and a thriving online fitness and nutrition business as well.

"You told me to come in your office at two so we could have our weekly meeting. So, here I am," he says gesturing a hand through the air and bowing at me. I shake my head and fold my hands together on my lap. "Ok. What do you have for me?"

Greggory runs through the progress we've been making with our gym memberships, and gives me the stats on our personal trainers. "Blake is still the best out of all of them. He's killing it. Surpassing even the guys and ladies who have been working with us since we opened," Greggory comments scrolling through his iPad.

I nod my head, "He works really hard. I'm lucky I got him on our team. I'm actually meeting with him and his family tonight for dinner," I say as Greggory passes the iPad to me so I can look over the rest of the information.

He looks at me surprised. "You are going to go out tonight? Somewhere other than this gym, or your condo?"

I don't bother looking at him as I shrug a shoulder. "Blake invited me. His sister is in town, and I keep rescheduling dinners with him and his fiancé," I mutter as I close the screen and put the tablet on my desk. "We're done here, right? I've gotta get ready for my training sessions."

Greggory gets up and makes his way to the door. "Just try to have some fun tonight, ok? You deserve to have a life too Ryker."

I nod at him, "Sure," I say, and he leaves my office closing the door back behind him.

I'm driving faster than I should be on my motorcycle, racing to Lorenzos to meet Blake and his family for dinner. The last training session I had tonight ran late after my client needed some nutrition advice. I ended up setting up a program for him.

I can never turn down someone who is working hard and trying to improve themselves. I want to give them my knowledge, and help them be the healthiest they can be. I grew up being severely overweight, and I know too well how painful it is mentally, and physically to feel trapped in a body you don't want to be in.

I had run home quickly to shower and change, tossing on a shirt, some jeans and grabbing my motorcycle jacket and helmet before taking off again.

I finally make it to the restaurant and park my bike before heading inside. I run my fingers through my hair and walk past the hostess. I already know Blake is seated and waiting for me, and she's slammed with customers in the waiting area.

I walk past the main dining area towards the back where I asked the owner for a table for all of us. He trains at my gym, and was thankfully happy to help me out, even on a busy night.

I spot Blake and make my way over to the table, looking around  at the other people sitting with him. My eyes pass over two people I don't recognize, then his fiancé Chasity, and his sister, then I stop, seeing the girl sitting next to her.

My God.

Her seat is facing me, but her head is turned listening to something Chasity is saying. She has such a sweet, beautiful face. Dark curly hair like a halo on her head. Perfect lips, and dark eyes that I want on me so badly it makes me grip my helmet tighter.

Look at me.

I try to silently communicate to her and somehow it's like she hears me, and looks up, meeting my eyes. She looks confused for a moment, but then her mouth slightly opens and she stares back at me with the same awe I'm feeling looking at her.

Blake gets up and says something to me that I don't even register. My eyes finally move to his, realizing that the whole table is now looking at me. "Hey Blake, sorry. Good to see you man," I say smacking hands with him.

"Ryker, you've met my Chasity. This is her sister Natasha, and her wife Wren," he says. I nod to them. "Nice to meet you," I say.
Get to the rest of the table Blake.

"And this is my sister Rochelle and her best friend, Iris," he finally finishes. I shake Rochelle's hand, and she smiles up at me, then I turn to Iris, taking her hand in mine and holding it close to me.

"Iris, that's a beautiful name," I compliment, looking over her face. She smiles, looking a little embarrassed and pulls her hand away gently, placing it on her lap. "Thank you," she mumbles quietly.
Even her fucking voice is beautiful, but she seems extremely shy. That's not going to deter me though.

"Ryker, I saved you a seat next to me," Blake says and I reluctantly move to sit next to him. Throughout dinner I continue to look over at Iris, and notice she doesn't speak much to anyone but Rochelle. We meet eyes again a few times, but she always looks away quickly when I meet her gaze.

Once dinner wraps up we all head outside. I walk behind Iris as Rochelle talks to Blake. I use the opportunity to reach out and gently grab her by the elbow.

She looks at me surprised, and softly says, "Hi." I smile down at her, "Hey. I didn't get to talk to you at dinner. Are you here to visit? Or are you going to Redland University with Rochelle?" I ask stepping closer to her.

"I'm going to Redland. We are just staying with Blake and Chasity for a little while," she says quietly. I nod, and tilt my head at her. "How old are you Iris?"

She pauses for a moment, then looks around me, I turn to see Rochelle still occupied and Iris gives me a nervous look. "Hey, it's ok. How about I start first," I say.

"I'm Ryker Volkov, I'm 24, I own the gym that Blake works at. I've lived in Seabrook for two years now, and I plan on staying here a long time," I pause, reaching up to rub my thumb along her cheek gently, because I can't take another second not touching her. "I do like it in Redland though."

She closes her eyes, and presses her face into the palm of my hand, and I feel something inside of me spark. I know right then I'm not imagining the connection I instantly felt with her. She feels it too, but I can tell she's not the type to be impulsive, and that's fine.

I'll be impulsive for both of us.

Her eyes open and I smile down at her. "Let me see you again," I say softly. She nods slowly and I move my hand away so I can get my phone out. I unlock it and add her name, then hand it to her, "Put your number in for me  doll."

She smiles at the nickname I gave her and takes my phone, typing and giving it back. Rochelle calls her name, and she turns to go, but then stops, and looks at me again.

"I'll be 19 in two months," she says before walking away.