Chapter 6 - legs dead and not from being railed

"Absorb."

The professor races to you in horror as you absorb the entire spell with your wand. The spell cast on your eyes cracks, and your whole body is shaking from impact. Yet somehow, you still absorbed the whole thing without anyone dying.

Your legs shake, and they give out.

"Y/n!" Your bond flies down to you and covers your eyes.

"Thank... thank you," You close your eyes, and you restore the spell on them.

"Y-Y/n? Arthur?!" The professor stares at the three of you.

"Those two fainted from the shock," You open your eyes again, the color of your eyes reverting. "Take those two for check-up. I'll be fine. Just give me a second to recover my legs."

"I'm still going to take you to the infirmary. How the hell did you get here so fast?"

You smile at her. "Trade secre- aCk oh, dear, my back hurts."

"I'm so sorry!" The prince rushes up to you. "I didn't know that they would faint, and you'd end up taking the blow."

You bite down on your tongue as you stand up, using your staff for support. "No worries. The three of us didn't suffer any major damage; that's all that matters."

You feel a pair of eyes on you.

It's the same pair from yesterday.

You stumble, and the prince catches you. "Please, let me at least take you to the infirmary for a check up."

You smile at him. "I'll be in your care then."

The boy hooks an arm around your waist, and you hiss. "Is your waist bruised too?"

You shake your head. "It's from something else."

He puts you down and hooks his arms under your legs. "Is this better?"

"Couldn't you just... get me there with your beast?" You raise a brow.

Realization hits him. "I am so sorry-"

"No, no, it's fine," You smile. "No one's really in their right mind after battle."

He places you on his beast, and he heads over to the infirmary.

-⧖-

"I'm so tired," You groan, and the doctor laughs.

"I'm surprised you survived the blast from the prince,"

"I'm in awe that my legs didn't break from that." You smile.

"According to the director, you'll heal yourself?" the doctor raises a brow.

"Yeah," You smile. "My bond's regenerative ability is on the quicker side. If I'm not wrong, I should be able to walk by now."

You stand up and kick your legs. "I'm good! How are the other two?"

The doctor leads you to their rooms, and you stare at the princess.

Fifi.

There's an unstable core in her.

You grimace.

Pearl?

Not yet.

"And Arthur?"

"This way," The doctor leads you to the boy's room, and you take a seat.

"...Sylvie," You smile at the bond lying on his chest.

She runs up to you, and you pick her up. "I'm sorry. I should've protected him better."

Sylvie purrs against your chest, and Fifi translates for you.

She's saying it's not your fault.

You pet Sylvie, and when you sense movement from Arthur, you place the fox on his chest.

Sylvie clings onto you instead, showing that she wanted you to stay.

Arthur wakes up, and he sits up. "Where... am I?"

"You fainted from the impact." You hand Sylvie to him. "Are you alright? Nothing damaged?"

"Ah..." Arthur checks his body, and you rock on your feet. "I'm fine. Is Tess okay?"

"She's also okay," you smile. "I checked on her before you."

Arthur nods. "So, how did you find out about my bond?"

You stare at Sylvie. "Instinct?"

"I'm not buying that," Arthur laughs.

You smirk. "It is instinct. Sylvie's energy is similar to someone I used to know."

"Perhaps her mom?" Arthur raises a brow.

"No... someone else." You stare at her.

She has the energy of the man I was supposed to seal off.

Fifi lands next to Sylvie, and Arthur sighs.

"Someone else?"

"Her father." You glance at Sylvie pawing at Fifi.

"Father?"

"Yeah," You hum, the words leaving a bad taste in your mouth. You rest your cheek on your palm. "Ah, sorry. It's the trauma for me."

Arthur reaches for your hand unconciously, and he's interrupted by a knock.

"Come in, director!" You call, pulling back slightly.

"Ah, Y/n," She smiles.

"I was just about to leave," You nod at Arthur, and you stare at the princess waiting outside.

"Princess?"

"A-ah! Um... is Arthur ok?"

You smile. "He's in the same condition as you. Visit him when you can. He's stuck in here for another week per my request."

You wink at her, and she flushes red.

"It's not like t-that!"

"Whatever you say, princess," You grin. "I'm sure he's looking forward to your visit too."

"Fifi!" Your bird flies out the room and lands on your shoulder. "See you around~."

You stroll down the hall, and when you get to your room, Fifi transforms back.

"Do you like Arthur?"

"He's like a son," You smile.

Helios raises a brow, and you stare at him. "Sure..."

"Maybe I was wrong," He mumbles to himself.