Chapter 1

“I just heard that someone is going to transfer into our class this semester!”

It was hard to tell who yelled. The voice wasn’t very loud, though it couldn’t be called soft, and so didn’t attract the attention of all the students in the classroom.

Since it was the check-in day before the start of the new term, everyone was preoccupied with collecting their books and handing in their assignments. The voice was overshadowed by the noise in the classroom and the bustle in the corridor outside of Grade 2 Class 1. Only the people in the first two rows were able to hear the words.

A female student came over and slapped her new book on the desk of the one who had spoken, “Zhang Ke, seven times out of ten your ‘intel’ is wrong, can you just stop it?”

Zhang Ke blinked his beady little eyes, “This time, it’s really true!”

Several other people in the front row heard the excitement over here and dropped the new textbooks they were arranging, gathering around and pressing their heads together.

“Where did you hear the news? Is it reliable?”

“Transferring during the second year of high school (11th grade)…… Is it possible they can’t fit in at the other school anymore?”

“What kind of questions are you all asking? Will you focus on the most important point? Naturally we have to first ask if they’re an alpha or an omega, eh!”

“Oh please, can’t you see how few alpha and omegas are in our class? Such a scarce natural resource, you expect such a pie to just fall from the heavens?”

“Hey! That phrase, that’s right!” Zhang Ke adjusted his non-existent glasses and said with an air of profound mystery, “At this current time, a pie really will fall into our class.”

[Grade 2 Office].

“Well then, your enrollment procedures are all completed. In a little bit, you can follow me to the classroom to meet your new classmates.”

Wu GuoZhong gathered up the files on the table and passed them over to the male student standing next to him.

While he was at it, he casually thought to pat the boy on the shoulder as a sign of encouragement, but when he reached out his hand, he found that the student was taller than he appeared and he couldn’t reach his shoulder easily.

He could only withdraw his hand with a bit of embarrassment, “Jiang Yao, you you will be a member of our class 1 from now on. It’s important that you get along well with your classmates.”

The student smiled, “Okay, laoshi¹.”

As he spoke, his white teeth shone quite brilliantly.

Seeing that he was so well-behaved, Wu GuoZhong relaxed a little.

Those who transferred schools at this time of year generally had some kind of problem, either being dropped out of their original school or having an unfortunate event occurring within their family, but when he looked at Jiang Yao’s records, there didn’t seem to be anything out of order. But there was one thing that was strange……

“Your parents didn’t come with you?”

“Mhm, they’re very busy at work, plus my household is very far away, so I didn’t want to inconvenience them.”

“Oh…… I read that you went to Dong Cheng² Eighth High School previously, your household is also in Dong Cheng?”

“That’s right, laoshi.”

“That’s really far, have you applied for accommodation here?”

“I plan to apply later and move in before the start of the new term. Rest assured, Laoshi, I can handle it myself.”