seventy-six

"jeno

"jeno..." the brunette slowly backed away from the kitchen counter as an entire bag of flour went flying.

jeno covered his mouth in shock, but also to conceal the laughter that was escaping. he brushed the flour out of islas hair and clothes, snickering to himself at the look on her face.

"you had one job," she said in irritation.

"you're still pretty." he grinned, despite the glare she was giving him.

isla fixed up what was left of the ingredients for their cookies and put them in the oven, setting a timer for the recommended time. while doing that, jeno swept up the remaining flour on the floor and the counters to save her the trouble.

once finished, the two of the leaned against the counters across from each other.

"you got a little something," jeno pointed to islas nose, signaling her to wipe away the flour that lingered.

isla quickly rushed her hand up to her face and dusted away. "i hate you."

jeno laughed as islas phone vibrated next to him, showing that she had gotten a notification.

"who is it?" she asked, allowing him to check her phone.

"xiaojun."

"what does it say?"

"he's asking what your plans are for tomorrow." jeno crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow, as if slightly jealous that he was texting her.

isla snickered, "you don't seem too happy about that."

"well i know he likes you, it's obvious. and... you probably like him too. i mean you have known him way longer than you've known me."

islas smile dropped and she looked down at her feet anxiously. "i don't know what my feelings are for him yet. i get butterflies when i'm around him, but also when i'm around you. i think about you way more than i do him. i'm just really confused."

"isla, it's okay. you don't have to tell me every little bit of your personal life, and even if we don't end up together, you're still one of my best friends, right? why do you think i'm here?"

"i know i don't, but i want to. i trust you."

jeno thought for a second before speaking up. "okay, maybe i can help you figure out your feelings a little bit."

he stepped close to her, and with each step, isla felt her heartbeat speeding up. he placed his hands gently on either side of her face and leaned in a bit, stopping for a moment to ensure that she was okay with what was about to happen. which she was. she was more than okay.

she breathed in, her breath slightly shaken from nerves. her lips parted just a bit which gave jeno the confirmation to lean in and place his lips on hers. his hand fell to her waist while the other slid to the back of her neck, pulling her in closer and deepening the kiss in the slightest.

(errmmmmm.... slightly mature content? i think??? idk LOL)

they moved slowly as a warm feeling grew in the pit of each of theirs stomachs, their heads spinning with no other thoughts than what was happening right at that moment.

isla felt her hands make their way to his chest, sliding up and into his hair with a delicate tug. he pulled her in even closer and with a swift movement, moved his head to the other side to create motion.

it was still slow but passionate and growing more heated by the second. isla felt his tongue softly glide over her bottom lip, which made her turn her head further to deepen the kiss. their breaths were getting heavier because they couldn't find it in themselves to pull away for air.

once finally deciding to catch his breath, jeno moved his lips from her cheek, to her jaw, then to her neck. he kissed softly and even nibbled a bit on her skin as her hands tangled in his hair with her chest rising and falling deeply, trying her best to withheld a moan from the most sensitive part of her body being kissed.

jeno felt butterflies rising in him at the sound of her breathing heavily, and he moved his face from her neck and went back to kiss her lips again.

"do i smell cookies? oh shit—"

the sound of elijahs voice made them jump out of their skin and off of each other immediately. he stood there, his mouth gaped open at the sight of his sister sucking the face of her crush.

"...well... i clearly interrupted something. so i'll leave now. but i will be back for those cookies, so please don't fuck on the kitchen table." he said, turning and practically running away.

still dazed, isla pursed her swollen lips and closed her eyes in embarrassment.

"i'm sorry. he's so fucking embarrassing sometimes." she apologized.

jeno laughed, "i'm sorry for him. i honestly forgot this was the kitchen for a second."

"y-yeah, i noticed..."

↢ ❦ ↣

ummm so i may have gotten carried away just a bit but it was about time SOMETHINGGG spicy happened

also! today is the 25th for me so HAPPY SHOTARO AND VEI DAY <333