7th of December 2021

"So how many changes of clothes do I need?" Louis asks as he finds a small suitcase.

"We're be gone for five days." Harry informs him.

"Alright." Louis smiles and walks over to the dresser and gets six pairs of boxers and socks. He throws them into the open suitcase.

Harry suppresses a laugh. Louis hasn't changed at all. His suitcase is still a mess whenever he packs it. He just throws things down and closes it. Harry folds his clothes neatly and puts them in his suitcase. When Louis heads to the bathroom to collect his toiletries Harry sneaks a surprise outfit underneath the rest of his clothes. He makes sure to bring a wrapped gift as well and the photos of Louis for each day. He joins Louis in the bathroom to collect his toiletries as well.

They eat a quick breakfast before they get going. After spending an hour in the car singing along to the radio, laughing, and talking, Louis is pretty sure where they are going.
"Doncaster?"

"Yep." Harry grins.

Louis sits back with a big smile on display. He hasn't been able to go home in a while. He takes Harry's hand and squeezes it as a silent thank you.

That old familiar excitement makes a present when they reach his town. But he's surprised when Harry doesn't drive them to their house or his family's house. Instead, they park in front of a hotel.
"This is a romantic getaway so I thought we could need a little room service and chocolate on our pillows." Harry explains.

"Alright." Louis smiles.

They head inside and check-in. Harry has rented the luxury suite. They leave their baggage in the room but Harry says that they have someplace to be so they head back to the car. This time he drives to Louis' family home. Louis smiles at him.

His siblings come running outside as soon as they pull up on the driveway. Louis gets out and hugs them all.
"Hi, guys! God, I missed you so much. Thanks for that wonderful video."

They all talk at the same time as they make their way inside the house. Lunch is ready so they are seated by the dining room table and Louis makes sure to give all of his siblings his undivided attention, asking them about their lives. Harry is fully present in the conversation as well.

As soon as they're done eating Lottie drags them to the living room. They look through old photo albums and watch homemade videos talking about childhood memories all day. Jay is with them in spirit and they smile when they see her on tape. No one can comprehend that it has been five years since she passed.

Harry offers to make dinner when Dan arrives home from work. Louis continues to hang out with his family and talk about their mum while Dan helps Harry in the kitchen. They sit down to eat and afterward Phoebe and Daisy decide that it's time for a One Direction/Larry Stylinson marathon. Harry and Louis humor them even if most of it is embarrassing to watch.

They return to the hotel later that night.
"Thanks, Hazza. That was exactly what I needed." Louis smiles as they settle in. They have crawled underneath the duvet.

"I had fun too. I love your family." Harry says and tries to hide a yawn.

Louis cuddles closer.
"They love you too."

Harry reaches for the picture on the nightstand. He gives it to Louis.
"I can't believe we reached your teenage years already."

Louis looks at the picture, a smiling thirteen-year-old him.
"Well, I for one am glad that those years are over. So much confusion, insecurity, and fear."

Harry kisses his cheek and holds him tightly. They say good night and fall asleep shortly thereafter.