Chapter 48

Each drop of rain sits on her skin like a puddle that will never leave, perfectly formed, perfectly cold. Karina feel the water steal her body heat just a tiny bit at a time. Perhaps once she would have sort shelter or warmth - but no longer. There is a coziness in her suffering, as if life has and will always be this way. There is comfort in predictability.

She wonder though, what if the sun broke? What if each drop sparkled with light? What then? Would the warmth seep through and bring a new reality? Would she shake off this rain as easily as a cat after a storm? Because... she think she'd like that. She'd like that a lot.

When devastated we are loose in the ocean and in need of a lifeboat rescue. As if on cue, Yeonjun sat down next to her. Feeling his presence, Karina lifted her head from her arms, her eyes smudged and red. The coat sleeves of her overcoat were soaked through snot and tears.

"What do you want?" She asked through her hoarse voice.

"To know what's wrong," he replied

"Giselle's been calling me since this afternoon, she said you haven't been home for the past five hours, and here you were sleeping like a baby." He added with a small smile, trying to lighten the gloomy mood

Karina remained blank. Her body feels heavy but she didn't bother to tell him. She doesn't want to show her vunerable side to anyone except Winter.

Just the thought of the younger female pierces something inside her chest. She put her hands on her head as she stare far away from where they're sitting.

"I didn't know it could be this hard, Yeonjun." Her voice almost broke, she bit her bottom lip to stop it from quivering as her eyes are beginning to shed tears again

"Fuck," She whispered as she hid her face once again.

Tears begin to cascade down her cheeks. The pain was slowly becoming unbearable. She placed one of her hands on her lips as quiet sobs begin to eescape her throat while placing her other hand over her chest as if it would decrease the agony she was feeling.

Yeonjun remained quiet. He let her cry on his shoulders that night. Her heart is wrenching. It hurts, and she wants it to be gone but how when all she could do is cry and accept the reality.

Nothing in life is predictable - not even love. What you feel for someone today may not be the same tomorrow. Perhaps, Winter doesn't feel the same as she did when they started dating.

"You know.. " Karina started, she sniffs as she sat up straight while fiddling with her fingers

"It may sound stupid to you but I already planned our future together." She looked away when Yeonjun glanced at her way

"Did you also tell her you'll marry her?" Yeojun inquired. It's as if he can read her mind.

Karina nodded her head as she chuckled bitterly.

"I asked Soobin the same thing then the next month we broke up. I think it's a curse." Yeonjun joked.