November: Vacation Part 3

Chris POV

"I'm just so tired," Daphne tells me as I attempt to wake her up by peppering her bare shoulder with kisses. I'd already turned off the alarm and gotten my own shower, giving her an extra twenty minutes.

"Would you rather go out later today? Nothing says we have to be there when the park opens, you know that right?" Of course she knows it, but she's also a die hard Disney nut, opening the parks and closing them every chance she gets.

Daphne rolls over onto her back while I rest myself up on my elbow, facing her direction. I watch as she truly struggles to open her eyes. "So. Heavy." she says when I jokingly try to pry them open with my finger.

"I'll go get breakfast. You sleep a bit longer, babe." I kiss her forehead and fix the sheets so they're covering her completely now.

I slip on my shoes, along with my baseball cap and grab the room key. The sun is rising already since the time has changed by this point in the month. I know Daphne can't stand it getting light earlier in the morning and dark earlier in the evenings. I can't say I blame her either, but this morning's sunrise is filled with gorgeous orange and purple hues.

It's about a five minute walk from our room at the resort to the dining area. I pass a handful of people along the way, nodding my head or returning 'Good mornings' when initiated. I chuckle to myself as I see a dad grumbling as he fights with a double stroller trying to get it opened as his wife is a child on each hip, telling him to hurry up.

I can't help but hope the next trip we make here will be with our first born, whenever God should see fit for that to happen of course.

The dining hall is a bit busier than the outside sidewalks I walked down to get here. I take in the children dressed as super hero's and princesses, parents trying to keep their kids from spilling drinks or running off, and grandparents just excited to be included in all the fanfare.

A glance around the eatery choices leads me to decide on the omelet station, deciding heavy protein might be the best thing to give Daphne the energy she needs to wake up and get going for another fun filled day. I place our order and wait off to the side until it's cooked. I continue my people watching until I feel a tap over my left shoulder.

"Excuse me, but are you the man who helped my granddaughter last night?"

I turn to my left to see the grandmother from the bus line the night before. "Yes, ma'am. How is little Alice doing?"

The woman's eyes begin to cloud over. "Well, she's just fine, thanks to you. She and her mother stayed overnight but the hospital said everything is alright now that it was caught quickly. I just can't thank you enough. I know we didn't want to believe it was anything so thank you for pushing the issue."

"I'm glad to hear she's doing well. Hopefully you all will be able to enjoy the rest of your trip."

"Ham and cheese omelet, western omelet!" I turn back towards the counter to pick up our completed order. "I better get this back up to my wife. Tell Alice I said hello again."

The grandmother just nods her head again in appreciation as I walk away to pay for our meal.

~~~~~

"Did that help?" I ask Daphne as she takes the last bite of her omelet.

"Not as much as this large coffee did," she grins back at me.

"Ready to conquer another park?"

"I'm willing to give it a shot I suppose. Although I'd really rather just crawl back under those covers and sleep the day away in your arms, if I have to be completely honest," she informs me.

I think about this option for a moment, and I've got to say that I'm finding the messy bun and plaid flannel pajamas to be a huge turn on all of a sudden.

Unaware to me, Daphne notices my eyes traveling along her pj clad body. "Why are you looking at me like you want to eat me?" I give her a knowing look, and watch as my innocent bride's eyes go wide and her hand covers her open mouth. "Not what I meant, Christopher!"

I stalk towards her, leaving our discarded plates on the small table. "If you're offering, then you know I always save room for dessert." A cross between a smile and smirk takes over my face as I watch her fall back onto the bed in a fit of giggles before I find my place over her. "What do you say, Daph? Can I have dessert? I've been a good boy, ate all my meal, it's only fair," I tease her all the while knowing if she says no I'll crawl into the bed next to her, cuddle and sleep without issue.

But the look that overtakes her eyes, the licking of her lip and gentle tug between her own teeth tell me she's doing more than just thinking it over. "I suppose a nap and Epcot can wait," she says breathily.

*I know...much shorter than normal. There's a plan behind my madness.

Forgive me?